Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ford lovers be proud

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Its awesome you beat a Chub dude.. But if your truck went 148+ I want to buy it off you...

Trucker_Eric

Mechanically Inclined
yeah, theres no way, you would fish tail like a mutha ****a, and damn dude, 155-160 out of a 351? thats impressive, but i think the idiot in the shittin chevrolet read the wrong guage (and what is he stupid, its DIGITAL!!!), but hands down, ford beats chevy any day fo the week. my dad has a 6.0 turbo diesel ford excursion and we got it doing 130 before, but he wont go over that cuz he dont want to blow the motor... but it can, i know it can. great story, im also happy to see that when hot shots with the durashit diesel want to race, ford wins hands down every time

yeah, theres no way, you would fish tail like a mutha ****a, and damn dude, 155-160 out of a 351? thats impressive, but i think the idiot in the shittin chevrolet read the wrong guage (and what is he stupid, its DIGITAL!!!), but hands down, ford beats chevy any day fo the week. my dad has a 6.0 turbo diesel ford excursion and we got it doing 130 before, but he wont go over that cuz he dont want to blow the motor... but it can, i know it can. great story, im also happy to see that when hot shots with the durashit diesel want to race, ford wins hands down every time

Yeah, thats more like the 351 in the GT40, or in a DeTomaso Pantera, than in truck.... :p

9.jpg

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
155-160 in your truck? My Mark VIII tops out at a theoretical 160ish. 140 is freaking flying in that car, let alone an 80s truck. :D

Trucker_Eric

Mechanically Inclined
well, my truck topped out, on a trailer, lmao. i never got a chance to drive it yet except onto the tow dolly, and into the driveway, averaging a speed of about 2 mph, lmao

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Mine handles pretty good at 120.......Conner and Jurgen ya'll know that Hurst makes a M5OD short throw shifter right????

mine handles alright at 120. just the suspension is a lil worn out so im kinda scared to hit that again. cause the suspension has 300k miles on it. but on the other hand in my old 82 F100 i Hit 120 and it felt great cause that truck had very low miles for the age. it only had on the body and suspension 95k miles.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
120MPH!!!! The speedometer only goes up to 85MPH, how the hell do you have any idea past that... :p

Great story man, hell I've beaten a last gen Camaro, some dips*** in a Silverado, a retard in a 90s Dodge Cummins, a V8 Excursion....

300-6 FTW. :p

You're full of it.

I have never won a race in my ole' truck. Yes, I could go about 100, but that doesn't mean the truck is fast.

I tried racing a V8 pontiac one time. Ha.. I did good till we go to about 20 mph. Then all I saw were tail lights.

Truth be known, he was probably letting me stay with him at first too.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
By the way to the OP; Congrats on beating a Gynomax. I don't believe yall were going that fast though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...I'm not so sure about some of these stories. Chit, red has about 340hp/440tq at the rear wheels, and the fastest I ever got her was 113 mph, she had a bit more in her...but I wasn't gonna do it. I find it hard to believe that trucks relatively the same weight with 150-200 less hp are doing as claimed.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Well Ben, I believe the OP probably just didn't think too hard about it. I'm sure he wanted to believe his truck could go that fast and didn't doubt what the Gyno driver said. However for someone with 120 horse at the rear wheels to say they beat all kind of V8 powered trucks.. LOL. It just insults my ego, ya know? ;)

About to try and pull out a rose bush stump with the truck. Should be fun. I tried this before and couldn't do it; Nothing but grass to hold onto and the tires just spin. I'll be back.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well Ben, I believe the OP probably just didn't think too hard about it. I'm sure he wanted to believe his truck could go that fast and didn't doubt what the Gyno driver said. However for someone with 120 horse at the rear wheels to say they beat all kind of V8 powered trucks.. LOL. It just insults my ego, ya know? ;)

About to try and pull out a rose bush stump with the truck. Should be fun. I tried this before and couldn't do it; Nothing but grass to hold onto and the tires just spin. I'll be back.

Yeah...I know what you mean...I understand there may be some driver skill involved...but don't tell me you did 120mph in a 140hp brick. As for the rose bush...good luck and have fun...sounds like you need something from Interco for some real traction.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I've hit the speed limiter on the Shelby which is 155....it is freakin fast...there is no way I would even dream about attempting that in a truck.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Yeah...I know what you mean...I understand there may be some driver skill involved...but don't tell me you did 120mph in a 140hp brick. As for the rose bush...good luck and have fun...sounds like you need something from Interco for some real traction.

140 horse? That's the 300. The 351 which the OP used has closer to 250, doesn't it?? Yes you're absolutely correct driver skill has a lot to do with it but when it comes down to it sometimes brute force is all that's needed.

Interco? What you talkin' about Willis? If you're suggesting a locker, I've already got that covered! What I really need is a four wheel drive. :pimp:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I've hit the speed limiter on the Shelby which is 155....it is freakin fast...there is no way I would even dream about attempting that in a truck.

this ^

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
140 horse? That's the 300. The 351 which the OP used has closer to 250, doesn't it?? Yes you're absolutely correct driver skill has a lot to do with it but when it comes down to it sometimes brute force is all that's needed.

Dunno what the actual hp numbers are...but there's no way it's 250rwhp...and that's all I'm concerned about and what I was basing my numbers off.

Interco? What you talkin' about Willis? If you're suggesting a locker, I've already got that covered! What I really need is a four wheel drive. :pimp:

You know...Interco...the fine folks that bring us Swampers and Boggers and whatnot.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Dunno what the actual hp numbers are...but there's no way it's 250rwhp...and that's all I'm concerned about and what I was basing my numbers off.

You know...Interco...the fine folks that bring us Swampers and Boggers and whatnot.

Would larger tires actually = more traction? Or wider? Not sure how all that works in the traction department.

Rose bush still won. I think because of the grade of the hill, my truck is actually pulling on the hill itself and not the bush. Bring Red over and we'll hook the trucks together and just move the whole cursed hill. YelloThumbUp

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Would larger tires actually = more traction? Or wider? Not sure how all that works in the traction department.

Wider...puts more track to the ground...you could also try deflating your tires to about 7-15psi too. Remember, taller tires=ground clearance, wider tires=traction.

Rose bush still won. I think because of the grade of the hill, my truck is actually pulling on the hill itself and not the bush. Bring Red over and we'll hook the trucks together and just move the whole cursed hill. YelloThumbUp

Sucks the rose bush still won...and for the record, Thunder does the majority of the work...460 power FTW.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Bring that 460 over here and let's see if the Bush still wins. HA!

Thing is, I know I could pull the booger out if I wasn't worried about the grass. My tires start spinning and digging at 1,000. Traction is non exsistant.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Bring that 460 over here and let's see if the Bush still wins. HA!

Thing is, I know I could pull the booger out if I wasn't worried about the grass. My tires start spinning and digging at 1,000. Traction is non exsistant.

I'll have you know that 460 has pulled many a stump outta the ground. As a matter of fact, that's how I twisted the front bumper once. Had about a 3ft diameter stump, one of the straps got outta position and before I knew what was going on, my bumper was twisted like a pretzel in the middle. But I guess that's what jy's are for. FYI...you do realize the most torque output is in reverse right? As for traction...yeah, I couldn't promise a no rut pull.

Ford Truck Articles