Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ficm

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I believe that the ficm is going bad on my Ex. It is really rough when it's cranked in the cold mornings. Even if it's plugged up.

How much is it going to cost to replace it?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I think the ficms sell between 5 and $700 or so, BUT the good thing is it may come pre-programed now so you will be able to install it yourself and the truck will run. I have gotten a few that didn't need to be flashed. That will save you some bucks there. You may have sticking injectors that will give you the same concern. You would have to hookup a scan tool and check Ficm_M power to verify the ficm is failing anything below 45volts is no good.

I just remembered I MIGHT have a ficm here. I will look and get back to you will give you a good deal on it.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Here is the problem I have a FICM for a 06 LCF which is a 6cyl basicly a 6.0 less 2 cylinders and Im not sure if they interchange I thought they did but as of now can't confirm because only dealers that sell LCF's can look up parts and my dealer is not one. Im gonna try and find out from my buddu who works for international. Bare with me here.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Thanks. I have found a few on eBay. It will still be a few weeks before I get home.

Is their any way I can check the voltage without taking it in? I have heard something about checking it with a multi meter.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Thanks. I have found a few on eBay. It will still be a few weeks before I get home.

Is their any way I can check the voltage without taking it in? I have heard something about checking it with a multi meter.

I just checked with a ford instructor and he tells me can't be done, the measurement is internal to the ficm.
He also confirmed the Ficm I have won't work on a 6.0 sorry.

I stand corrected BlueGoose has a link to some good info on testing and repairing the FICM. Thats what I get for asking a "Ford Employee" if it can be done.

Last edited:

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Thanks brad. I knew that there was a way to test it. I don't believe that I want to attempt to repair it.

I have been thinking about swamps 54 volt ficm.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts