Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

farmall push this rod knocking f600 15 miles

woodslip

above is a link to picture of my f600 with 5.4 330 being pushed down the road by a farmall
lucky was mostly down hill for about 15 miles ........didnt want to pull it.....that old f600 would over take the farmall ......and we ed have to call it a ford all
engine developed a knock and lost power....checked oil was up half way the
dip stick.......radiator empty........oil milky........tough luck......now looking for
a engine .....new or used???????? tough call

Attachments

• 0701091919.jpg
Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Sorry I figured my comment towards the Farmall would be misconstrued..what i meant was there's nothing wrong with A Farmall and I'd rather have that an another brand like a Newer Deere or MF.

found a 370 rebuild with 40,000 for 750....another 370 with 30,000 on itfor 1,000......plus a 330
with trans for $350....now most choose which to buy

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
That would depend on who you ask. Have a buddy in upstate NY that has three of these. All fully restored.

My pappaw (well.. mom's ex-stepddad)

Had right around 65 classic tractors at one time.. they ranged in condition from pretty much perfect, to in need of a TOTAL restoration. Of ALL makes and models

He narrowed it down quiet a bit (I'm gonna say 30? total) before he died though..

(on top of that, he had a dump truck, f-350, f-550, dozer, highlift, 2- stock trailers, 2-gooseneck trailers, a classic vw bug, dodge ram 1500, bobcat, industrial mower, 2-fourwheelers, backhoe, three newer tractors (cant remember the sizes right of hand), old Mack truck, cj5 jeep (that I'm suppossed to be getting), gmc conversion van, 2 or 3 boats, and I KNOW I forgot a few things. :suspicious:)

I dunno why you would need (or really even want?) that much stuff.. but he had it.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
If you don't know why you'd need or want that much stuff then you ain't got no sense....it's called a backup plan.....lmao just funnin man

Yeah.. he was in excavation business so I can see most of it, but why so many of each thing.. anyway, here is another thread we hijacked! lol smiliegitrdone

Have you had any luck finding a motor? I have a 1977 F-700 with a 370 in it and I need the right side EX manifold. If you decide to change your engine to something else, I'd be interested in the manifolds. If I don't find them somewhere, I may look into putting a std. 460 in the old dump. Hate to though 'cause my motor purrs...... billiardrules

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts