Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F150 airbag help and more

I was thinking about buying a used f150.
The owner told me that he had gotten into an accident and blew the airbags.
Which he has since replaced.

Though the owner told me the airbag module needs to be replaced
Could someone either tell me or give me a link to where I can find some instructions on installing the module.

Also this truck as over 200,000 miles on it, how much longer do you think the transmission/engine will last.

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Welcome.

The drive train may last a while. with good upkeep .But I would not expect them to last long. Its just nature of the beast. Your driving habits r different then his. I expect to get 200000 out of them not much more. Most go at 150000 I have bought. But some have had 250000

The air bags system is easy on the pre 97 trucks but I bet the 97 up r more complex.

Ifu r worried shop around. There r allot to be found out there.

No clue on air bags. I would say the engine/trans are getting about to the limit. That all depends on the maintenance and driving habits, but still.

I would not expect to get much more that 50,000 more miles out of them even if in reasonable shape now.

If they say it all has been rebuilt at some point...ask them for the receipts showing who did it and when it was done. They should have them to back it all up.

Also, with that sort of mileage...expect to do some work on the truck itself. Everything wears over time. Bushings, bearings, etc.

Check out where it was wrecked carefully. Again...I know nothing about air bags, but it seems like it would take a major accident to affect them. How well were the repairs made?

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Laz-F150, It would help a lot if we knew the year of the truck. A good repair manual is a great thing to have when making repairs.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I was thinking about buying a used f150.
The owner told me that he had gotten into an accident and blew the airbags.
Which he has since replaced.

Though the owner told me the airbag module needs to be replaced
Could someone either tell me or give me a link to where I can find some instructions on installing the module.

Also this truck as over 200,000 miles on it, how much longer do you think the transmission/engine will last.

The airbag module is easy to change, need to know the year truck your working with.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
The airbag module is located under the center of the dash behind the trim that sits right on the hump of the floor. Pull of that trim peice disconnect the electrical connections unbolt the bracket and thats about it. Disconnect the battery first also.

Ford Truck Articles