Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Exhaust

I have a 94 f150 2wd 302 single cab long bed and, I know it is not ideal or the proper way of doing it but I need to see if anybody has in suggestions on something i could use to get by for now. The manifold flange on the passenger has a chunk of the flange missing. I can't afford the manifold right now and since it is such a big leak the truck seems to fall on its face. I had to unplug the o2 sensor just to keep it running better than what it did with it plugged in. Does anyone have any ideas on a temporary fix. Is there some kind of exhaust wrap out there that i could wrap around the flange to minimize the exhaust leak or any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Tyler

I have a 94 f150 2wd 302 single cab long bed and, I know it is not ideal or the proper way of doing it but I need to see if anybody has in suggestions on something i could use to get by for now. The manifold flange on the passenger has a chunk of the flange missing. I can't afford the manifold right now and since it is such a big leak the truck seems to fall on its face. I had to unplug the o2 sensor just to keep it running better than what it did with it plugged in. Does anyone have any ideas on a temporary fix. Is there some kind of exhaust wrap out there that i could wrap around the flange to minimize the exhaust leak or any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Tyler

Tyler can you post a pic - is it the flange end of the manifold that has cracked or is ti the actual steel flange holder that has cracked or is it the flange gasket that has broken .... i'd be picking that it's the flange gasket and that shouldn't cost more than a couple of bucks .... an exhaust bandage like this (http://www.permatex.com/products-2/...pair/permatex-muffler-tailpipe-bandage-detail ) will cost you twice - once when you buy it and then it will definitely cost you some time when you go to remove it to fix the problem properly.
A used manifold at the wreckers shouldn't cost more than $25 and if it's the exhaust flange itself that has rotted out just get a short section of exhaust tubing and have it flared out then hopefully you've got or got a mate with a welder that can weld the new flanged pipe in place.

Thanks I'll have to try one the welding idea. However side question now, you asked for a picture of the flange but how do I post a picture on the thread?

I can't seem to get the photos to upload for some reason but it is the manifold flange itself. I just don't have the time or the money to get one from a local y yard and put it have the time to put it on, ill go ahead and try that exhaust wrap you showed me to see if it works. Sooner or later I will replace the whole thing but being in college i just don't have the time or money. Thank you

Tyler

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts