Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

excursion, no oil pressure

blacksnapon

Staff member
I'm in the middle of the worst hack jobs I've ever seen. Customer had head gaskets replaced recently. They installed head studs and an egr cooler delete. Theres missing bolts, loose bolts, broken connectors wire tied back on, mis-matched bolts, broken components. Its even got a missing head bolt (granted, its one of the small ones). Something went through the oil pump, destroying the gears, front cover. It looks like a handful of needle bearings ran through the pump. Theres debris on the IPR screen, so, the debris is all through the engine. 145,000 miles.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Since 'book time' valuation has been a relatively hot topic here lately, how exactly do you classify this? Or do you diagnose, then classify? And if that's the case, how are the diagnostic fees assessed?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Since 'book time' valuation has been a relatively hot topic here lately, how exactly do you classify this? Or do you diagnose, then classify? And if that's the case, how are the diagnostic fees assessed?
This one is out of Ford's warranty, so we just assess the time spent so far, inform the customer what we have found, and give him options. Its cash pay at this point.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Idiot shoulda forked out the dough to have the head gaskets done by you guys in the first place...I'm not sayin all shops are bad....I'm also not sayin all dealers are good.....but he's gonna be hatin life.

Ford Truck Articles