Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Emblem/Identity question...

I've got a 74 F-350 140" with the spare tire door on the pass. bedside, I was under the impression it was a super camper special, but the truck has no sway bars (and apears to never had any) and there isn't any wiring in the middle of the truck for a slide in camper. Also it's a plain jane with no chrome moldings anywhere, all of the SCS's I've seen are loaded with extras. The bedside emblems are missing and I have no idea what emblem goes there. There are 5 holes on each side. Any ideas? The glove box has a ranger emblem on it, other than that the only emblems on the truck are the F-350 emblems on the front fenders.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm not an expert on the available trim packages for the SCS's...but I don't see why you couldn't get a stripped down version with none of the fancy stuff. As for is it being a SCS...if it has the 140" wb, there's no question about it. An exception to that is a home made custom stretch, but those are usually not that common and easy to spot. As for the stuff missing that 'should' be there, these trucks are 30+ years old...alot can go missing.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Like said . My dad used to order A better option truck to get seat or what ever . But always had them ordered without any power windows ,chrome , He thought the chrome would cause rot .

Soif the right box was not checked anything is possible.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
That was the beauty of purchasing new trucks back then. Except for the "packages" (custom,ranger,xlt, etc., which were all "customizable") you could order pretty much anything individually, down to the hubcaps! Like Ben said though, the wheelbase is the giveaway.
Dak

Thanks guys, the thing that mainly threw me off was that it has no sway bars. I've seen old magazine adds that say the front and rear sway bars were part of the SCS package. I just finished putting the truck back together, I spent the entire winter doing a new paint job and alot of detail and restoration work. I would love to find out what emblem goes on the bedsides.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well congrats on the work...and as I said, the truck is 36 years old, the sway bars probably found themselves in a part pile somewhere. As for emblem on the bed...you have a pic? I thought SCS's only had emblems on the cab somewhere...but here again I'm not entirely sure. Hopefully Dennis or Scott will swing in here and set the record straight.

There are no mounting holes on the spindles or any signs of brackets, but your right they could have been there. The holes for the bedside emblems are in a staggered pattern and look to be to precise to have been added by someone. I don't have any pics yet, all I have is this ancient webtv and I can't load them with it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts