Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Elgin suspension components?

Riotnrrd

Tennessee Chapter member
I am going to need a new drag link for my 79 F150 4x4. I like doing business with Bronco Graveyard, and they sell Elgin brand. Rock Auto would be my second choice, they sell Raybestos service and professional, as well as Moog and a couple others.

I have no experience with Elgin Industries. Do they make good parts?

Price range runs from 35$ for raybestos service grade, to 70$ for the elgin, to 100$ for the raybestos professional, to 115$ for the moog.

I'm inclined to go with Bronco Graveyard (recommends Elgin) as they've been good to me so far, just wanted to gather some informed opinions about Raybestos vs Elgin vs Moog for steering components.

While I'm on the subject, anyone know why drag links are sold as a single unit with joints attached, instead of having replaceable joints so I dont have to trash the whole drag link because of some damaged threads? (rethreading might be an option if I knew how and had the tools, but I don't and I don't).

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sorry, not gonna be much help besides saying Moog is always my top choice when their brand is available. Secondly, JBG has never failed me, so I wouldn't hesitate using whatever they offered.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have used products by them with no issues and I believe the oil pump for my 434 is Elgin

Riotnrrd

Tennessee Chapter member
Alvin in AZ: never used one of those, will check it out! Damage is mushrooming of top of stud caused by inexperienced shade tree mechanic (i.e. me!).

Following up on this topic, got the part from JBG, installed it, works like a champ! I give this product (Elgin drag link) two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Ford Truck Articles