Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

electrical madness

here is the situation:
started the truck and turned on the lights, noticed i had no dash lights, looked in the mirror and no taillights where there aswell, wiggled the headlight switch knob, this gave me taillights,
changed headlight switch with new one: when i turn on the lights with dimmer not in minimum position i burn fuse 4 and 10, when i replaced the fuses i let out fuse 10, which gave me no more burning fuse 4,no dash lights (as like it should be without that fuse) but had no radio aswell :headbang:
so why could this fuse be burning, i saw the following should be on the same circuit:
-rabs module (where is this in the truck?)
-rear defog switch (should have been an option since i don't have it)
-wiper washer illumination
-htr/airco illumination
-ashtray light
-electr shift switch (4wd but mine's 2 wd)
-instr cluster
- and something of the radio blue/red wire??

the plus on the radio is connected to a yellow/black wire, disconnected the radio still fuse blows...(out of fuses by now)
i have a haynes with wiring diagram but don't really understand how the light switch works and what's on it...
disconnected radio and rabs still blows

ohms from the terminal of fuse 10 to ground = 5

Last edited:
here's an update:

fuse stops blowing (don't know why: i was checking all connections and suddenly it wasn't blowing anymore) but yel black wire has no power anymore (radio) and to make things right the alternator is giving more power and the lights on dash and outside the car are brighter then before.

loose from my electrical problem i have to install new belt tensioner and ps pump: belt keep sweeping of.... (tensioner pully has 2 gaps because belt threw of an it hit the ps pully, (pump has play forward and backword which is not a good sign)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts