Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Edelbrock/Carter carb questions.

FTF'er

The 460 that I'm going to swap into my '93 Ranger has a new Carter carb on it, number 9755S 2935. I think it's like this one maybe http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-1411/

The engine will stay stock except for an intake and maybe a cam, will still have exhaust manifolds probably.

I know nothing about carbs, so...

1. Are these carbs any good?

2. It had an adapter to bolt it to the factory cast iron intake. Will this carb bolt directly to an aluminum intake?

3. Is this carb the same bolt pattern as a Holley carb?

1.) Some people love them and others hate them.. But all in all its "supposed" to be a good carb..

2.) Iirc yes, the one in the link has a square bore pattern..

2.) Yes.

FTF'er

Awsome, Thanks!

Whats your opinion on using a 750 cfm carb on a basically stock 460? It's a D0VE-A block with D0VE-C heads.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Theyre good carbs after they get set up properly some motors they work great right out of the box other motors ya have to fine tune em a ton to get em to run decent but thats just me. I finally got tired of messin with the one on my 410 and got a remanned Q jet and its worked great right out of the box. carters and edelbrocks are the same carb with a differnt name real easy to take rebuild and mantain. It all depends on what you want to use the truck for Ie. racin around town or four wheelin with steep oddball angles.

Ford Truck Articles