Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ebay 5.8 ecu

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
For the price I might buy it and set it on shelf . I dont run 351's but I may need a tow truck one day. Course it may be hard to find a harness for it . R CAlifornia Trucks wired different ? 2 o2s for instance or still OBD1

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
MOB1 is the catch code for my computer. It'll be Cali MAF, two o2 sensors, obd1, e4od.

EDIT: Clarification-- the o2 sensors are 1 in each downpipe; not 1 in the cat like the obd2 setup.

Last edited:

andym

Real men are fanatics
You sure you have two O2 sensors in your truck Chris? I thought OBD-I trucks had one sensor.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Absolutely positive-- I replaced them with Bosch sensors a while back (both at once, which I hadn't used Bosch). I've got one in each downpipe. I'll take pics if you don't believe me smilietease

The difference between mine and the OBD-II trucks is that the OBD-II's have a bung in the catalytic converter for an o2 sensors. Mine are further upstream towards the engine, measuring PRE-converter o2 levels, instead of post.

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
MOB1 is the catch code for my computer. It'll be Cali MAF, two o2 sensors, obd1, e4od.

EDIT: Clarification-- the o2 sensors are 1 in each downpipe; not 1 in the cat like the obd2 setup.

yea I did a 351 MAF conversion using 302 MAF parts for guy while back (he never did get a 351 ecm .) And looked into what all I needed.

I think the maf 302 out there also had dual o2's

Ford Truck Articles