Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Door Rattle

ZiLLaCooL

Tennessee Chapter member
Posted this already,& not any response to really answer my ? On my 91',I have the pins adjusted all the way in & the doors still don't close all the way.The one poster mentioned plastic on the pin.These have none.As I stated in a previous post,I don't want to start throwing new parts at this if I don';t need them.Is this a simple fix,seems I remember seeing a plastic sleeve around the pins on some other F-150's I've dealt with in the past. Would appreciate any input.
Thanks. ;)

blacksnapon

Staff member
Posted this already,& not any response to really answer my ? On my 91',I have the pins adjusted all the way in & the doors still don't close all the way.The one poster mentioned plastic on the pin.These have none.As I stated in a previous post,I don't want to start throwing new parts at this if I don';t need them.Is this a simple fix,seems I remember seeing a plastic sleeve around the pins on some other F-150's I've dealt with in the past. Would appreciate any input.
Thanks. ;)
When you have the door shut to almost touching the striker, is the door hanging too low, or does the latch line up with the striker?

ZiLLaCooL

Tennessee Chapter member
Hinge pins are fine,& it lines up perfect.(no play in the hinges) This is whats driving me nutz,have done this on tons of vehicles with no problem.The real kicker is its worse on the passenger side.Seems to me it would be just the opposite.This is why I was wondering if somethings missing,or maybe I'm just missing something.My mind maybe!!lol I mean, I could add shim material to the back of the pin,but I would rather fix it right,if that makes any sense.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts