Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dash display project

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
My wife thinks I am nuts, but my son really loves it. I made him a dash display for his bedroom. Ya, it's big but fits right on top of his dresser. It has taken me awhile and I could have spent more time making the box better, but wanted to do it as cheap as I could and use extra stuff I had. I did buy some cheap speakers and the LED lights along with a 12v power pack radio shack. I wasn't going to put a turn signal indicator on, but that was one of the first things my son asked about so I couldn't pass it up. It lights up, radio works and he has functional turn indicator lights. He won't let me screw the center steering wheel pad on yet. He likes to take it off and put it back on...he is repairing things. Ignition switch, wiper switch are dummy switches that he can play with. The lighting works through the headlight switch.

May son stole this out of moms van for his vents.

http://youtu.be/VpwLqnQOkF8

A short video showing that it works. It was like working on my 77 again.

Man,that is awsome...smilieFordlogo

No,your not nuts...I seen American restoration do this for someones kid,
eccept it was I think a full scale luv bug.They turned it into a bed.

Great work!...YelloThumbUp

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
you be the coolest dad ever... now ya just gotta find a truck bed to turn into his bed :)

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
That is amazing! I bet your son enjoys it. Does the radio have a clock?

I hope the horn doesn't work.......

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
That's real cool Buck, sounds like there's a budding generation 6 enthusiast, which we all need to get the younger generation into classic car and truck hobby. Sounds like he really enjoys it. I'd say that is really different and clever.
smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Man,that is awsome...smilieFordlogo

No,your not nuts...I seen American restoration do this for someones kid,
eccept it was I think a full scale luv bug.They turned it into a bed.

Thanks.. I did see that project on American restoration, it was cool. Only if I had a bigger house, I would have put the entire cab in..:)

Great work!...YelloThumbUp

Thanks

you be the coolest dad ever... now ya just gotta find a truck bed to turn into his bed :)

That would be cool

That is great Buck!!!

Thanks Duncan

Thats awesome Buck .

Thanks Mark

That is amazing! I bet your son enjoys it. Does the radio have a clock?

I hope the horn doesn't work.......

Horn doesn't work although I thought about it for a scecond. The radio does have a clock, but it loses memory when I shut down the power down on the power box.

That's real cool Buck, sounds like there's a budding generation 6 enthusiast, which we all need to get the younger generation into classic car and truck hobby. Sounds like he really enjoys it. I'd say that is really different and clever.
smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

He loves old stuff so I hope he keeps up the enthusiasm for it.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Adopt me???

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
hmm better be careful... he might replace the sister with a GF lol

Sparky83