Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dash Back Cluster

Yesterday I met a guy that works on older Ford trucks like mine. We started talking about parts and I mentioned my cluster back had mostly turned to powder. He asked what would I give for a used one...said he had 5. Only problem was I couldn't tell him which one I needed so he looked at speedometer and said he might have one. Any ideas on a fair price. I see on LMC that they sell for around $60. Thanks for any ideas. On a side note I found an older sander/buffer/polisher in a Salvation Army store. I know it's older because it's Montgomery Wards Power Kraft. Works fine but I'm not sure about sanding discs. Bought some 6 inch disks at Harbor Freight with an adhesive backing. Any one know if they will work...they need to stick on a foam backing plate. Thanks for any ideas.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
If you have a cluster with warning lights, make sure you replace it with like kind. The backing plates for gauges vs warning lights are NOT interchangeable. There are also some backing plates from later year vans that were made with a different type of plastic, which don't disintegrate. However, I don't remember which years are interchangeable.

I replaced mine with a Dennis Carpenter(about $60), after going through two used ones.

dash cluster backing plate

Yesterday I met a guy that works on older Ford trucks like mine. We started talking about parts and I mentioned my cluster back had mostly turned to powder. He asked what would I give for a used one...said he had 5. Only problem was I couldn't tell him which one I needed so he looked at speedometer and said he might have one. Any ideas on a fair price. I see on LMC that they sell for around $60. Thanks for any ideas. On a side note I found an older sander/buffer/polisher in a Salvation Army store. I know it's older because it's Montgomery Wards Power Kraft. Works fine but I'm not sure about sanding discs. Bought some 6 inch disks at Harbor Freight with an adhesive backing. Any one know if they will work...they need to stick on a foam backing plate. Thanks for any ideas.

WV1977 I may need one also ? I'm having trouble with my dash lights & blinker signals? I have a 1979 F100 Custom with gauges. If your mechanic has one that will fit my truck would you get a price from him & see if he will ship? I also need a steering wheel if he has lots of parts.

Thanx,

BM68G smilieFordlogo

I have those parts.

Pm for details iyi.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts