Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cutting the clutter?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
On my 79 I have allot of extra's installed on my truck fog lights Efan Epump stereo HEI and the wires are getting clutters I have some running from the fuse block some from the battery some here and there all feeding every thing.
OK! I did some looking online (Jegs summit) for a Terminal Strip with about 6 -8 connections but all that I can find are 3 and 4 and I dont know about daisy chaining them together, dose any one know if I could use a Terminal Strip thats for home eclectical use?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I dunno about ones for home use, but they do make marine ones that will work for you.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
OK maybe Terminal Strip is not what i'm looking for..
Let see if I can explain it.
I'm looking for some thing I can run one how wire to and be able to hook up all my add On's to?
See what I mean?????

radialarm

Clown of Death!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Tex you're thinking of an auxiliary fuse block like I've got in my truck. You can buy them at your local auto parts store:

DSC01364.jpg

Mine is made by Buss-- same people that make auto fuses.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
That is a great idea Skan. I may have to get one of those. I do have a smaller version just for my upgraded headlight wiring.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
One thing I should mention-- it's probably not a good idea to run your fan off of a fuse block like this. High power accessories should get their power direct from the battery.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Whichever one you end up buying, the package should tell you the maximum rated fuse that each slot will support, and also maximum load that should travel through the whole fuse block at any given time. Make sure to read what those ratings are otherwise you might have big problems :p

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Whichever one you end up buying, the package should tell you the maximum rated fuse that each slot will support, and also maximum load that should travel through the whole fuse block at any given time. Make sure to read what those ratings are otherwise you might have big problems :p

Well i'm been looking at them on line and most of them come with a circuit breaker did yours come with a breaker?
Really hate for this monster alt to melt any thing.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts