Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

cutting the bed....sacreligious?

Hi all, I have a 78 f150 4x4 and live in the desert in AZ. Being out here there is a huge following for baja racing and that style "look" on trucks. Personally I don't care either way. Trucks on the east coast look one way on the west the other. However I have a little section of cancer developing on the passenger rear corner of the bed. With the baja look most guys cut off this area with a diagonal cut from the lower portion of the rear wheel well up to the bottom of the tailgate....anybody done this on a 78-79 f150? I'd like to see pics. Thanks!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I don't have pics, nor have I done it...but I will say I don't think that it's sacrilege...that sheet metal is easily enough replaced in the future.

reartrim.jpg

rearlifted1.jpg

backprofile.jpg

rear1.jpg

2011FFF.jpg

I trimmed off the front also. I hope these help bud. where in AZ are you? I got a brother in Litchfeild **oops, i see you're from Yuma.....

Last edited:
Wow.....looks pretty good. Exactly what I was looking for. Somehow in my head I was thinking it would detract from the look of the truck. Looks good. Thanks! Yeah good ol HOT Yuma. Least there is plenty of sand to play in.......would like to try some mud. Doesn't happen often. Glad it won't offend the blue oval gods.....we might be doing some trimming soon.

UTfball said it right, it's sheet metal, it can be replaced/ patched.

for a front bumper, i just used some tubing between the frame rails to guard the radiator, and my freind built me a small skid plate
autofabbuckets1.jpg

front2.jpg

**jollygreen, thanks bud!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts