Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Custom Dashboards

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Anyone have a cool custom dashboards for their dents?

I want to do something different in the Bronco and get all my gauges/switches that are hanging in random places bolted in tight and secured with some semblance of order and logic.

So far I have mechanical oil pressure and temperature gauges, switch for my HEI dizzy power, switch for my fuel pump, and switch for the OBA, and oba pressure gauge plus air supply inside. I'd like to lose the stock dash completely and do something totally custom.

What do you have?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
There is actually a thread on this very topic on eff tee eee...some pretty cool set ups. Seems to me though, the common thread was sheet metal replacing the gauge housing...and anywhere from 3-6 guages set in the sheet metal.

PM sent

Why isn't that Fuel pump wired to an oil pressure switch for safety reasons ?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I've posted them before, but this is a sweet set-up.
dash02.jpg

dash01.jpg

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I used one of these switches http://www.4x4mods.com/ for my bumper lights. They are very nice, and you can get one set up for almost any accessory you might have.

Here's mine with my trans temp and oil psi gauge in a mount I made from some aluminum angle.
009-2.jpg

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
i will post the cluster i made for my 77 tomorow........

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
here you go......i got $192 in guages.......

1009091541.jpg

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
77 4xford yers makes mine look like shiot lol

Hey Dustin, I see we had the same thought of keeping the stock ribs in the dash pod. I like how the red stands out in yours.

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
yep , i took me a die grinder and cut the bezel out all the way to the edge and threw them guages in there...... i dun the red becuz my truck is red , and i thought it would stand out.....

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Both of those look great, I still haven't decided if I want to go full custom or work with the stock pieces. Could be a good time to learn how to work with fiberglass, or I can work with some sheet metal and tie it into my roll cage. So many ideas floating around it's hard to decide on what to do.

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
i just put my stock speedo cable in my new guage......on the fuel , i found the wire on the stock cluster plug and cut it off and wired it to my fuel guage......

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I like, but no tunes, WTH!!!

Do you see that hood scoop on that thing, I doubt he could he hear anything else anyway...and why would he want to...haha. Maybe he has the head unit mounted in the glovebox?????

Old_Paint

Old guy with old cars
Alabama
This what I have for my '77 so far:

LatestDashSetup.jpg

I really like the HS button on the steering wheel. That would probably be the reaction of any passenger when it gets pressed.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts