Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cup holders

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Does your bench have the two metal studs that stick off the front? If so, you can use a stock cupholder like mine.

DSC01278.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

DSC01276.jpg

Black150

California Chapter member
So Cal
Ooooooh, so that's what those studs are for.'smiliedoh'

Hell, even that's better than what i have now. I would still like some other options, but that would do if no one else chimes in. Where did you get it Chris, and is that what you use up front as well?

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
eBay is your best friend ;) Lost (Larry) is always spotting these things on ebay. I found a tan one and painted it gray to match. You might even want to contact him-- he might have some in his parts piles.

Gray:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...m14QQhashZitem280273193986QQitemZ280273193986

Red:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...m14QQhashZitem230298498013QQitemZ230298498013

Tan:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-9...m14QQhashZitem120314682620QQitemZ120314682620

And a smaller variety that won't interfere with stick shifts on the front bench:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-9...m14QQhashZitem140273445544QQitemZ140273445544

Black150

So Cal
Yeah, it's lookin like that's gonna be my choice. But i'm worried it won't fit things like big gulps and such.

I previously mentioned the ac vent ones because they are adjustable.

Mine does not have a stud sticking out of the seat. :suspicious:

I just have a console thing that sits in the seat. It has cup holders and storage in it. The lid flips up and has a clipboard for writing.

The cup holders are adjustable and will hold large bottles.

It has a strap under it to hook to those child seat things (like my truck has one!)

Mine:

DSCF0918.jpg

Borrowed pic:

ContractorConsole.jpg

radialarm

Clown of Death!
The one in my truck is factory and has a rectangle compartment on the left side and a single drink holder on the right, and it will fit those drink cups with a small dia base but not a big gulp or coke can w/cozy

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah I'm fairly certain it'll fit a big gulp no problem. I've got a peanut butter jar. Lemme see if that'll fit.

Peanut butter jar was a no-go, but that thing is damned big (bigger than a big gulp). So I just took some pics with a soda can in it, to give you a basis for comparison.

dsc01745mediumuq3.jpg

dsc01746mediumgl5.jpg

dsc01747mediumfc7.jpg

Last edited:
Michigan
I love the cup holders in my dads truck, has the captains chairs that has the center console with the two cup holders then the ash try that pops out and has to more, so theres a total of 4 holders!.

The one in my truck is ok with the captains and the center console. PITA taking the black inserts out for a bigger cup but o well, i wish i had the split bench like skan has in his truck. Thought about looking for one at the junk yard.

Black150

So Cal
I have been thinkin about getting some different seats, i hate my current bench. Can't even get a seat cover for it without losing use of the armrest.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID

Black150

So Cal
man i dont know why but this thread cracks me up!

Hey, what's wrong with a big gulp. They can be quite thirst quenching.:goldteef:

Question, how far does that "stock" cupholder stick out from the seat? Would a middle passenger be able to fit their legs over it without a problem?

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Yeah, nothing like a big gulp!

How do you guys think I feel - my '74 has NO CUPHOLDERS! Not 1!

I avoid cups - bottles are better - they can sit on the floor.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
It sticks out pretty far and would probably be a nuisance for a middle passenger. Buts it's very easily removable.

......How do you guys think I feel - my '74 has NO CUPHOLDERS! Not 1!....

My 56 did not either. Then again...the driver must be careful when trying to drink something. From the factory---No power steering, No power brakes, and a standard transmission. That kept you busy enough around town.

I do have power brakes now, but driving it is not something you want to do in town while trying to eat or drink.

Out on the road it is not a big problem. The driver must be wary of sharp curves when drinking something though. You need both hands to turn the thing.

solution: camel pack for a truck :rofl: I'd use it!

What is that? [confused]

My solution? Starting to collect original parts from cars to add "stock looking" power steering to the old truck.

And I will add front and rear anti-sway bars from a Bronco II when I can go to a salvage yard...err...ummm...auto recycler ;) and get some.

Black150

So Cal
Yeah, auto recycler.;)

It's a backpack turned water pouch, with a straw that extends over to your mouth. Comes in handy while out riding the bikes.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts