Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Could this fit my truck?

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
It is posted as a rear bumper but I think it would work better as a front lol

Here are measurments given to me by the seller,
"
From front of bumper to the center of the furthest back bolt hole is 17".
There is one mounting bolt hole on each side of the rear parallel angle
steel.
Then on the each side of the mounting angle steel frame are 6 mounting holes
at 9", 10 1/2" and 12" back from the front of the bumper.
"

She (thinks) the bumper was built for / intended for a 1994 F150

Anyways, what do you think? my thought is that the frame horns on front and back are the same so i ought to be able to use it as a front bumper no? I have my doubts that it was even meant as a rear based on the curve of it and the winch mounting location and opening for fairleads...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/pts/849341066.html

Just throw something at me if im way off base here

Last edited:

andym

Real men are fanatics
It does look a lot more like a front bumper to me. I bet the lady selling it doesn't know what she has.

If I were buying something like that, I would expect there to be some fab involved in getting it on the truck.

i've bought several things on craigslist. i'd buy it.

the way i look at stuff like that....
most people searching for a front bumper won't find that. those looking for a rear bumper will think that looks terrible as a rear bumper. worse case - if it doesn't fit, paint it, take some good pics of it and relist for profit. post it with good measurements/fit guide along with some good keywords.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
In email contact with her now, should be meeting her son on saturday to get it.

So if it really is built for a '94 (no guarentees) i will likely have to alter the mounting holes for the crumple zones right?
Although i suspect since it was never put on the truck it probably was built for an older rig and did not fit the post-91 truck..but who knows?

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Bought it on saturday

I havnt been under my truck to measure cause its covered in mud and dripping everywhere (pics soon :) )
But anyways, i think the mounting brackets are too narrow for my truck so im gunna have to move them out from their current location to fit the frame horns :headbang:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts