Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Clutch Linkage Broke While Driving, So I Mad Maxxed It (How long will she hold?)

So that rod that goes through the floor board connecting the clutch pedal assembly to the clutch? It broke while driving. :headbang: Had to get towed, but when I got back, I found this and bolted it on top and bottom, logically seems better than the original welded pieces with cotter pins. So far seems good, wonder how long that will hold? (It's some of that steel corner brace stuff for wall corners... whatever its called) seems pretty firm.smileydrinkcoffee The original rod looked welded and snapped at the weld. :suspicious:

0524162029.jpg

0524162030.jpg

seem like there is a better way to fix that. the one is my truck which im going to assume its factory. i just a 3/16" wrought iron rod that has been bent with two 90's, had the end trimed and drilled for cotter pins and had a washer welded on a thrust surface. one could make this part for less then $10 at home without a welder.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts