Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Clutch Bleeding Issues (96 F350 w/ ZF Trans)

I just had to redo the clutch in my truck. PO did it but he did a crap job and I had to fix it. I replace the Slave cylinder, Clutch, pressure plate, bearing, flywheel and line only thing not swapped out so far has been the Master.

But here is the issue that I am having right now. I have bleed 3 different ways. By gravity, by pumping the pedal and by force bleeding it(mityvac). After I did this and still no pedal I checked the other issues like the clutch pedal bracket and bushings, It all looks new and is not worn out like many I have seen. :headbang:

I don't know what the issues is but I am getting pissed off and I am tired of having to barrow a vehicle right not to get my $$$$$$ around and to and from work.

Also I want to know few things.
The Clutch pedal return spring is that suppose to move on a pivot? (A Video would help me out on this to make sure)
Last thing I want to know is will a Clutch Master Cylinder from a F250 with a ZF Trans work on a F350. Reason I ask is the Fact I can get one same day for 250 yet I have to wait two days for one for F350 with the Same trans.

Thanks for any and all the help.
Chris C.

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
You have to jack the front up real high, and have a buddy pump the pedal and hold it while you open the bleeder. It will have forever. I just did mine the other day.

Why would jacking the front of the truck up do to helping it bleed out? I don't see how that is going to help out with the way this system is plumed.

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Why would jacking the front of the truck up do to helping it bleed out? I don't see how that is going to help out with the way this system is plumed.
Many times, increasing the angle of the components will bring any air bubbles to a more accessible place in the master cylinder or the slave cylinder.

blacksnapon

Staff member
If I remember correctly, you can also purchase the complete clutch hydraulic assembly pre-bled, which eliminates all of those problems.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
On my 91 460/ZF i dont think I could get it all in and out in 1 peice. Couldnt even get to 1 screw on the back of the firewall

Ford Truck Articles