Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cholecsystectomy.......

LITTLESUNRAY

Pennsylvania Chapter Member
glad to hear everything went good for you,

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
This past June, after months of pain I decided to see a doctor. He concluded that I had to have my gallbladder taken out. After a conflict on scheduling and changing jobs and what not, I was strickin with a bout of pain that almost kept me from breathing a few nights ago. I decided to revisit the surgeon, and was informed that if I did not take care of this soon, laparoscopic removal would be out of the equation and I would end up in the emergency room at 0200 in the morning being fileted like a fish to have it removed. So.......next Thursday the bugger is coming out. I will be interested in again experiancing a life where eating supper dosent mean hours of pain and nausea.

DAMN man, what broght this on? How did this start?

Gunner

DAMN man, what broght this on? How did this start?

Gunner

What brought this whole thing on was (I found out yesterday) gall stones so large they had to be crushed before even moving my gall bladder. Dead give away symptoms is extreme pain in your lower chest, and when it progresses nausea and vomiting and toward the end jaundice.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
smiliewhathesaid When Barb went in to ER she thought she was having a heart attack.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I tried to get them to give me mine in a lil glass jar but they didn't :( I was going to use it for a good luck charm but all I got was a lousy picture of it.. =(

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
What brought this whole thing on was (I found out yesterday) gall stones so large they had to be crushed before even moving my gall bladder. Dead give away symptoms is extreme pain in your lower chest, and when it progresses nausea and vomiting and toward the end jaundice.

CHARMING.............Can't they just remove the stones and leave the gall bladder there? What is bringing the stones on?

Good GOD that sounds like HELL.......

Get better soon man.......

Gunner

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
I wish I would have known this. I would have been there for you with advice and help and what not.

I had the surgery done in 1996. They didn't find any stones when they did the bile test or anything, but my gallbladder had shrunk to over half of its size. The pain is horrible! I had been suffering attacks for years and had NO clue what it was.

I have some info you may want, if so hit me up. It's stuff I have discovered over the last 12 years. *HUG*

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
About 6 years before I had mine removed I had a bad attack. I totally looked like I had Jaundice. I went to my doctor of course and he ran some tests. My liver counts were through the roof. He told me I had Hepatitis and gave me some shots and stuff. He never looked into the gallbladder. Of course, come to find, I never had the hep. THANK GOD!

Kidney stones cause the same pain, just lower. When I had the final attack (before the surgery) I thought dang this kidney stone is hurting WAY up there this time (I had just had kidney stone removal so I was assuming). I was shocked to find it was my gallbladder. Am I ever glad that E.R. doc was dead on with his assumptions.

It's alright for the first few days then they start to give you random crap. Don't eat the chicken pot pie!!! If you're on a special diet due to medicines, make sure you check the food YOURSELF. Don't trust them for anything.
PROLIFT

Ford Truck Articles