Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

CD Player Removal??

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
ok so my friend's roommate down in Arizona has an 02 Explorer with a bad cd changer/cd player. i just got a call from him and he was wondering how to take the cd player out of the dash. exactly how would you remove it?? is it the classic ford coat hanger trick? or something different?? thanks!

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
im honestly not sure he wasn't in the vehicle when he called me. thats why im asking. he said its a 6 cd changer in the cd player in the dash... all one unit.. thats pretty much all i know :/ usually im good with detailed descriptions of stuff im working on but not this time

The put the nails in, pull it out only works on the older early 90s radios. The 2000s ones I havent a clue... :(

Mine was easy in the Truck, pull the trim plate, unscrew four screws and it slides out. :)

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
They have a tool to remove these but from the looks of things, four nails would do it.

Kevsha

hackin' 'n' whackin'
it depends if its the old body style like a sport or sport track i think they use the radio tools. if its the newer body style you need to pull the piece of trim odd that goes around it and the HVAC controlls and there are 4 (8mm i think) bolts behing it holding it in

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
thanks guys! he actually got it out last night. he did end up pulling the trim out and unscrewing the bolts and pulling it out.

Ford Truck Articles