Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Buying a used Edelbrock performer intake

A guy emailed me saying he's sell me his dele brick performer intake for 100$ it has the thermostat housing and heat hose elbow. What should I look for before buyin it other than any cracks or chips... And what would you clean an intake with? Carb parts cleaner?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Check the threads where bolts go in. Solvent or carb cleaner will work to clean it, get a stiff nylon brush.
I'll fix the title of your thread as well :D :wavey:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If you media blast it, make sure that you plug the holes and protect the mating surfaces.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
YelloThumbUp

Blasting sure works well.

Looks pretty god ill post some pictures in a little. It doesn't look like its in bad shape but I won't know until I actually see it in person. We have an old parts cleaner that was used maybe once that I can use. I don't really care about how well it looks right now it'll just Match the rest of the truck.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yes and it's hard to say what that is in the picture.

Yeah I can't tell what is either. It's 100 for the intake and a 55 mile drive to the guy who has it. I'm sure he could meet me right in Spokane but not too worried about it. I think I'm gonna go do it unless I find something wrong with it. Other than a gasket, what else would I need? Is there a preferred brand for the silicone?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I like Fel-Pro or Cometic gaskets.

how long would engine enamel lost on this intake if i was to paint it?? and it is cleaning up okay one water port was welded because of a crack but it seems to be okay.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If you are going to paint aluminum and want it to last..you need to blast it and use a primer...etching or other..otherwise it will just flake off.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts