Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bushwacker extend a fender flares

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Well, it seems that the people at Bushwaker stopped making these flares for the dentsides. All that they make now are the cut out flares.:headbang:

I've been trying to track down a set for my 79, they'll go on once it gets repainted.

Thia all being said, anyone have a set lying around that they want to get rid of?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I saw this a couple months ago...and it sounded like some places may still have some in inventory, however...have them put their hands on the flares, because not everyone is all that great at maintaining inventory numbers. Beyond that, I'd just check the usual places and their classifieds.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
They actually made a set that didn't require cutting? Never knew that. I'd also like to see some pics of em to see how they look. I wonder if they would work if you have the race track trim.

They actually made a set that didn't require cutting? Never knew that. I'd also like to see some pics of em to see how they look. I wonder if they would work if you have the race track trim.

If these are the ones talked about yes they will work with the racetrack trim. At least I am 99% shure they will. I put 1 of them up against my bronco with the racetrack & there was room between them.

John
1104.JPG

1106.JPG

Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
If these are the ones talked about yes they will work with the racetrack trim. At least I am 99% shure they will. I put 1 of them up against my bronco with the racetrack & there was room between them.

John
1104.JPG

1106.JPG

Those look pretty sharp and wouldn't mind having them. I get rock chips every now and then since my tires extend out from the body. I placed some rock guards on the rockers, but not really impressed with the look, but they seem to work OK. I don't like the look of running boards----they look too much of like a farm truck. If there were nicer ones made for our trucks then I could see a running board. I'd like to have some nice flares that would fit without cutting and fit below the race track chrome.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I never could get in to flares myself, cutouts sure...something about flares just doesn't look right to me. I think has to do with nice sexy lines, then putting a bulbous piece of plastic on my straight as an arrow sheet metal covered in expensive paint just seemed tacky.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
^^^^ Yeah, I never was REALLY into flares except for those cutouts either, but on the other hand, If I could find ones that looked OK to save my paint job I'd consider putting them on. I try to stay off the gravel, but I'd also like to drive my truck on whatever road I can and not ruin the paint. I've had to touch up a few spots already. But you are right. The flares take away from the body.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I'll keep an eye out. Are you in a hurry ?

No hurry, yet.

Yup, my buddy has them on his 78 150.

I never could get in to flares myself, cutouts sure...something about flares just doesn't look right to me. I think has to do with nice sexy lines, then putting a bulbous piece of plastic on my straight as an arrow sheet metal covered in expensive paint just seemed tacky.

I don't mind the look, I'm really just after tire coverage to protect from rock chips.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I talked with Bushwacker and they told me their mold has been destroyed so they are long gone and will never be reproduced. That pisses me off because why destroy the mold. At least they could have sold it to another company, but that's business. Too bad because no one else makes good ones.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Did you get any info on why the discontinuation?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
^^^ Oh the same old talk of about supply and demand and the interest was more in the cut outs and cost of making the extend a flares for that series, blah, blah, blah. Personally, I think the rep was "fishing" for answers and didn't really know or want me to know. I've checked many other websites and every one that I've found who offered them are all sold out. So, that tells me that they have sold, so I don't understand the supply and demand crap. I failed to mention that to the guy. I should call them back and ***** more, but what good is it going to do. It just sucks that a good protective part can no longer be available. Now I'm trying to decide what the hell to do. Do I put some chrome trim around the fender edges or somthing? It seems all the aftermarket stuff don't fit right. Dammit, I've seen the bushwackers on people trucks painted the same color of the truck and they really look sharp.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Crappy news for sure Buck. Great job on the research. And I completely agree with your opinion.smilieIagree :headbang:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just an FYI...I got my new NPD catalog, and they still have a price for these flares in their catalog (if they don't have something, it usually says 'OUT'). For the front flares, they were priced at 198.50...and the rear flares were the same. I thought it was odd that they weren't sold as a set of 4...but for $400, maybe you can own a set.

Ford Truck Articles