Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bumper guard question

A guy has these bumper guards, he says he bought them for a 78. I have the 78-79 front bumper that's more square than the 73-77 bumper. I was wondering if these looked correct?

Attachments

• image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Hi Evan.its been a while man.....Looking from the rear of the guards ide say they would work on your bumper..from my perspective the guards appear to have the concave contour of the 78 bumper on the rear side...

I'm not sure. I didn't think they used brackets.

Hi Evan.its been a while man.....Looking from the rear of the guards ide say they would work on your bumper..from my perspective the guards appear to have the concave contour of the 78 bumper on the rear side...

Hey there. Yeah the brackets are throwing me off.

I always thought the bumper guards had the bolts attached & they went thru the bumper directly w/o mounting brackets? If anyone knows a defiant answer, let me know. Appreciate it

Here's a picture of my soon to be washed 1978 bumper with guard.
00229.JPG

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I had to take a look at your gallery to be sure I was seeing this right – but you have a brush guard on the truck already, right? This is just my opinion – but I love that style of guard on these trucks – I have a black one on mine. I'd stick with that if I were you, especially since you already have it.

Just my humble opinion though – for whatever that's worth.

The bumpers are very different when it comes to 78/79.

You actually should have the bumper around when buying bumperettes

Yes, I do have the grille guard as seen in my avatar pic. I just always liked the bumper guards & like to change things from time to time. The bumper on my truck is off a 79 & is like m78's bumper. So, I guess the bumper guards this guy has wont fit? He said part # is r78-bc

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

Ford Truck Articles