Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Brakes

Just recently i got to go home for winter break and drive my 1990 F250 and its been putting up warning lights for my breaks. I didnt have time to look up what the lights stood for so if anyone here knows it would be helpful for you guys to see if you can identify the problem.

When i start the truck it leaves the E-brake light on and it leave the rear anti-lock break light on. before the antilock brake light stays on it shuts of for probably about 2 or 3 seconds then turns back on. hopefully that description makes sence ha.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Do you have any symptoms? We might be able to help that way if someone doesn't already know the codes.

Ryan

The fluid looked fine and when i had that low a long time ago it only put on the anti lock brek light on i know my front breaks are realy realy bad but theyve been doin their self destruction for a while and i dont know if the truck would sence that problem.

I noticed that some times the lights go away when i reverse at a good speed and hit the brakes like their making some adjustment to settle the problem

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
sounds like you need to first take care of your brake pad issue and any other mechanical issue, then look and see if those took care of the light. if not investigate it further.

Yeah the pads ar gone and the edge of the brakes are being ground off so if it can sence mechanical issues it would be that brake. when i get time to work on it ill replace the brakes and see if that stops the lights. is there a code reader for the brake system that i can buy?

I wasnt sure if it would I figured it would be a fluid or a electric problem but I have to work on the fro t breaks anyway. Ill buy a chiltons soon so that will help too

Those two lights come on for a low brake fluid level.. replaced your brakes since you said they were bad, check the fluid level.. if the light is still on, bang the master a few times to see if the float is stuck

Hey guys I figured out what the lights my truck has been flashing mean. its actualy a total of four flashes from the anti lock break light and solid e brake light and the book says this mean RABS valve switch closed.

What does that mean and what do i do to fix it. the most ive worked on for brake systems is my model A's mechanical system so I have no idea whats going on with this thing so any help would be greatly apreciated.

Ok ill follow that root and if it still gives me the same lights after im done ill look into it more and see if the valve needs to be replaced or repaired.

Ok so i was thinking of going through napa to get the parts i need for the new brakes. are their rotors comparable to fords?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts