Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Brake switch feed back problem

Hi Everyone new to board.

I bought an 01 f-250 V10 and i'm having a slight problem and was wondering if anyone else has had it.

everytime i step on brake the parking lights come on. i had my local radio shop stick there head up under dash to see if it had a remote starter or alarm and nothing nor did they see anything out of the ordenary.....if anyone could help that would be great. this truck have a plow at some point wiring still in truck (isolation module still under hood and wires thru grill)

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Welcome to FTF smilieFordlogo

Check the simple stuff first work backwards from the left over wires sticking out of the grill for the plow and see where they are connected. Trace them back to the point of origin.
Also trace the wire from the brake light switch and see if anyone tapped a wire into it.
If the previous owner had an alarm installed a good installer would have retaped the wiring harnes after running the wires to make detection of the install difficult.

i doubt it's the plow i think like you said tracing the brake switch wires back will be more fruitful in finding the issue

There are two harness connections that get fouled by water; One is under the driver's side on the frame rail, and the second is at the rear left side, connecting the rear harness & trailer connectors. I took BOTH of these apart, cleaned them and then wrapped them in tape and the problem didn't come back- we had 6 of these trucks and I went thru each one as a preventative measure after that.

There are two harness connections that get fouled by water; One is under the driver's side on the frame rail, and the second is at the rear left side, connecting the rear harness & trailer connectors. I took BOTH of these apart, cleaned them and then wrapped them in tape and the problem didn't come back- we had 6 of these trucks and I went thru each one as a preventative measure after that.

awesome thanks! give it look this weekend

Ford Truck Articles