Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bouncy Rear End

Lately my truck has started having a lot of bounce in the rear end. Im hoping that my shocks are just worn out. Ive still got my original shocks with 94000 miles on the truck. I carry a lot of weight much of the time too. Is there anything else it could be though?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
not really start by replacing the shocks

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Do you have more information about the truck in question?

Ryan

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I was expecting something entirely different when I clicked on this thread...

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I was expecting something entirely different when I clicked on this thread...

Me too :rofl2: Thought there were going to be posts about too much junk in the trunk.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
OK, we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Shocks are recommended every 50k miles even though I think part of that is a sales tactic personally since Ive seen many that are fine at 80k but it cant hurt to start there.

Shocks are recommended every 50k miles even though I think part of that is a sales tactic personally since Ive seen many that are fine at 80k but it cant hurt to start there.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid And i would make sure when you fit new ones they are heavy duty and are the best brand you can afford.

Cheers Mark

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I agree the money you save on labor doing it yourself is best spent on quality parts.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
barf_largegif1.gif

Ford Truck Articles