Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Boost PSI

Kep4

Jäger
What is considered excessive or 'overboost'? How high a boost psi will the factory gauge read?

My 6.0 would boost 28 psi when stock, now it will peg the ISSPRO boost gauge at 30 psi but the stock boost gauge does not show above 30 psi, it always seems to peg at 29 psi. The ISSPRO gauge generally reads 2 psi higher than the stock gauge throughout the entire range. I'm assuming that max boost is then 31 psi.

The ISSPRO is tapped into an AccuFab elbow.

Thanks guys.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Max boost seems to vary from truck to truck. I've read anywhere from 25-36psi. Mine, long time ago when it was stock, would hit 34psi on the stock gauge. I have since done a few things including a new turbo and put on an Autometer boost gauge. The Autometer gauge is right on with the factory and it's sensor is tapped into the Banks Hi-Ram Intake. With the new turbo, she peaks at 37-38 psi injesting chemicals. I don't think on a stocker you'd want much over 30. You have to start worrying about the head bolts much over that.

blacksnapon

Staff member
What is considered excessive or 'overboost'? How high a boost psi will the factory gauge read?

My 6.0 would boost 28 psi when stock, now it will peg the ISSPRO boost gauge at 30 psi but the stock boost gauge does not show above 30 psi, it always seems to peg at 29 psi. The ISSPRO gauge generally reads 2 psi higher than the stock gauge throughout the entire range. I'm assuming that max boost is then 31 psi.

The ISSPRO is tapped into an AccuFab elbow.

Thanks guys.
30 usually starts the pucker factor.

Kep4

Jäger
30 psi then, past that is when my buttocks should start to pinch the Lariat leather seats.

I'll get a price on ARP studs and installation. What's the best headgasket set to use?

Guess after that it's Suncoast tranny and converter time as well.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I'm running the stock Ford gaskets with ARP Studs. I'm putting down close to 700HP to the ground and they're holding just fine.

Kep4

Jäger
I see you've installed a Precision Industries torque converter. Have you done any other mods to the TorqShift?

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I'm running the stock Ford gaskets with ARP Studs. I'm putting down close to 700HP to the ground and they're holding just fine.

They are holding, but he broke other things. It is currently a lawn ornament. Or parking lot ornament or something like that.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts