Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Before and After lift/wheels/tires!

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
What lift did you go with and what size are the tires?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
3" front and 2" rear.

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^285/75/17

33.8"

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
2eff03de5e0329869c2b0555e8e74efe.jpg

0f24e0e3399b775117676cfe698385a6.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That looks great Ken!

Thanks Duncan!

Oh yeah more toys and changes. smilieFordlogo

No new toys here.....but the changes yes....hard to believe I bought this thing 2 years ago, almost to the month.......time flies when you're having fun.

Even though I would have wanted to lift this thing eventually, the ONLY reason I entertained it this time was because the tires and wheels that were on it originally were HORRIBLE in the winter and this was supposed to be my winter DD!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
My rig is at the Ford dealership in town as I type this; getting a 4 wheel alignment......man, for a vehicle that doesn't need ANYTHING....I've been spending some money lately getting it winter road worthy!

After the alignment, it's going in for a fluid film treatment and it'll be good to go for another brutal winter!

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Ken, it's been a while and I wanted to kmow how satisfied you were with the changes. I ran into issues last fall out hunting scarping bottom with my fx4. So I told myself we I needed new tires I would lift it a tiny bit and get a little bigger tire. I intend on staying pretty close to stock wodth, just going larger diameter for the ground clearance. (And wide tires look awesome but in reality are impractical on a dd) how big do you think will easily clear on there. Or how much more do you think you could have gone?

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Also...excuse the typos. My "smart" phone has no spell check/typo correction anymore I guess.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, it's been a while and I wanted to kmow how satisfied you were with the changes. I ran into issues last fall out hunting scarping bottom with my fx4. So I told myself we I needed new tires I would lift it a tiny bit and get a little bigger tire. I intend on staying pretty close to stock wodth, just going larger diameter for the ground clearance. (And wide tires look awesome but in reality are impractical on a dd) how big do you think will easily clear on there. Or how much more do you think you could have gone?
I could have easily gone to a 35 or 36 but am perfectly fine with the height the way it came out. ...I love the way it handles, sounfs, and looks and would do the exact same thing all over again.....also the wife uses the truck on occasion and it needs to be reasonably low enough for her also.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Awesomeness!! your KR looks so good with the lift and tires Ken. Great to see this thread brought back up :)
Yeah man....love every time I see it! THANKS!

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Mine arrived in the mail while I was out fishing today. Life is tough these days.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
got her installed, what a difference. I actually noticed it handling worse, but being lifted 3 in the front and 2 in the back does that i suppose. Not very much worse, just noticed it a little. It looks way better and hopefully should be able to clear a piece of cow poop now while hunting this summer.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
got her installed, what a difference. I actually noticed it handling worse, but being lifted 3 in the front and 2 in the back does that i suppose. Not very much worse, just noticed it a little. It looks way better and hopefully should be able to clear a piece of cow poop now while hunting this summer.

Not sure exactly what you mean by handling, but I didn't notice a change in how it drives, turns, etc......what I did notice was the huge difference in comfort.....those thinner wider tires are a rough ride for the type of vehicle it is.....the new tires made a huge difference in a more comfortable ride for me.

The noise level from the aggressive tread increased a little, but not enough to be considered a negative experience.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
i am keeping the same tires for a little while, at least until i get the most possible use out of them. Ill get some pics up. yeah, i noticed it not handling the sharp corners on the interstate as well. felt taller.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Thinking about these wheels, what do yall think?

814jesterblackredfull_60.jpg

18X9 with -12 offset

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts