Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Been thinking.

I might sell the 85. I love my truck. But the money i need to get it where it needs to be just isnt here. Its an amazing truck but its just becoming to much to handle. It shifts hard, Sometimes my 4x4 acts up i dont have 4 low, Im just throwing this out there. What do you guys think? And i havent been on because i forgot my password haha

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
It really depends on your financial status. Can you repair your truck without causing hardship or stress on your wallet ? Sounds to me like the answer is no. So you could either park it for now, find a great deal on parts to fix it from the wreckers, or sell it but lose all that you put into it because of the market on these old trucks. Bottom line is, once you buy one of these old trucks, you have pretty much committed to keeping it till the end of time.... JMO :) smilieFordlogo

too quote Mr Amkatt we do not drive these trucks because they are the best on fuel economy we drive them because we love em and dont want too buy a new one that we havent a clue in where the spark plugs are or how too get em out..Pound for pound they are great trucks but require maintance... Nuff said

As Always

Dawg

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I have my older truck parked in the garage. It's safe from the elements and I go out there to start it periodically and let it get warm & keep the fluids moving.

If that's an option... Don't sell it.

Ryan

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
too quote Mr Amkatt we do not drive these trucks because they are the best on fuel economy we drive them because we love em and dont want too buy a new one that we havent a clue in where the spark plugs are or how too get em out..Pound for pound they are great trucks but require maintance... Nuff said

As Always

Dawg

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid X100
smilieFordlogo

If you can keep it & pick away at what needs attention over a period of time you should do it. If you really love the truck & you sell it you'll regret it & probably end up lookin for another one & you'll be making the investment all over again. My 2¢.

I am definetly voting against selling it. I found a good deal on a four speed. And a new 351. Most of the body work is done. I do love my truck. i walk out in the morning to start it and just look at it like a part of the family. I have alot of plans for it. So im going to try my hardest to make it happen. i know i would regret selling it. So im just gonna keep it and get it to where i want it. Its a tank. thanks for the oppinions guys.

primetime

sawmill slave
Keep it dude. You`ll thank yourself in the long run. Trust me. Or give it to me. Just sayin.:)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts