Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bakflip F1 Installed

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
3CK9W.jpg

Rk7JE.jpg

Here's a video showing how it works:

Awesome product. Got it for $744 shipped from worldwideperformance on eBay. Excellent seller-- fast shipping and it arrived exactly as described.

My only complaint so far is the damned glow in the dark plastic emergency handle on the first panel. Unnecessary and it gets in the way. I'll probably saw it off.

And a tip for anyone else installing this-- the instructions say to use shims on our trucks but mine didn't come with shims. I searched for a long time before realizing they were pre-installed on the rails.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That does look cool...I wonder how it will work in a colder climate (snow)?
I've been looking for something to replace my tonneau, but snow and ice are always a problem.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
*Off Topic Question*
Did you take the FX4 stickers off of your truck?
Yessir I did. Did I forget to make a pics thread? :D

That does look cool...I wonder how it will work in a colder climate (snow)?
I've been looking for something to replace my tonneau, but snow and ice are always a problem.
It'll definitely hold the weight-- the F1 is good up to 500 lbs of distributed weight. But folding with a lot of snow on top might prove difficult.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yessir I did. Did I forget to make a pics thread? :D

It'll definitely hold the weight-- the F1 is good up to 500 lbs of distributed weight. But folding with a lot of snow on top might prove difficult.

It wasn't so much the weight I was concerned about, but the folding...maybe I need to move somewhere warmer!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That thing is sharp...brings aesthetics to another dimension IMO.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah aesthetics were a big consideration for me. I really don't like seeing covers sticking above the bedrails, even a little bit. This is the only cover I know that sits almost completely below the rails when it's closed. I love it.

I should also mention that in the pictures it looks like it's sticking up a bit at the tailgate-- this is because the rubber seal has a pinch it from shipping and it hadn't flattened out yet. The rubber is already adjusting and getting lower.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Looking good, Chris!

We have one on one of the survey trucks. They only put it on the truck this summer, but one snowy/icy morning this fall I had the truck and it did freeze shut a bit.

Wasn't really all that frozen, but neither the tailgate handle nor the tonneau handle let me put enough force to open it- I had to run my finger under the rubber seal and break the ice to get it open.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Like you said Duncan-- time for some sunnier weather :D I love California.

I'm sure you do...my OL sure enjoys her trips there!
And if I haven't said it lately...nice truck!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Thanks Duncan. Also-- I painted the bezels around the tail lights like I was talking about before. Not sure if I've posted pictures since then. You see it really well in the 3rd picture that I posted-- compared to this before picture:

newtruck2.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think the blackout looks much better...:beer:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Thanks Matt. I've still got a love affair with this truck. It'll be a total infatuation after I level it and install some 34" DuraTracs.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts