Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

aux light panel

If I'm assuming correctly, the auxilary light switches go where this little bin is? There are two electrical connectors plugged into what I can only call a holding plug...

If I am correct, can the switch panel simply be plugged in and installed (obviously lights would be needed as well)? If so, is there specific locations I should be splicing into?

Thanks in advance!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Those are the outputs I think...the switches come with a wiring harness that plugs into the distribution panel...wires come out about a foot into the engine compartment and are folded back on themselves.
Everything is plug and play and I'm pretty sure you have to pull the dash fascia off....I have the same setup ready to put in my own truck....that's what me reading indicated for the installation.
The other output is for the integral trailer brake....each takes half of that filler strip.

rambler

New Shoes......
I was looking at that myself, i have a cheap.. rear camera I want to connect to run full time, not just in reverse so want to hook it up to key on power. saw the spare wires under the hood and was trying to figure out if I can use those..

wife also wants a air/train horn installed under the hood LOL.. hmmmm....

I have the same setup ready to put in my own truck....that's what me reading indicated for the installation.

Do you have this reading material? I'd like to check it out, if so...

Thx

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nothing prewired before 2005 as far as know.

rambler

New Shoes......
I've got a set of wires under the hood, just have had a chance to check if they are hot with key on or not.. if I can get the wife to let me have the truck to check it out,,she is afraid me "fixing" it will take days and she wont be able to drive it LOL

I've got a set of wires under the hood, just have had a chance to check if they are hot with key on or not.. if I can get the wife to let me have the truck to check it out,,she is afraid me "fixing" it will take days and she wont be able to drive it LOL

Sounds like me with my Jeep. Last two-day project I did lasted three weeks!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts