Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Austin's 03 King Ranch F-150

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Thank you for not going with some blue or purple crap for an HID color, makes baby Jesus cry.

Don't listen the the whiners, just do me a favor and look into an HID projector retrofit makes the light work better than the OE housings ever will.

"Blinded by the Light"

looks great Austin, and your wet sanding pic's are amazing:) I went and bought a electric polish/buffer to see what "damage" I can do to the faded orange.

Careful, your faded paint may be single stage or you could burn through.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
That looks fantastic Austin ....... sure wish i had your patience when it comes to detailing.
smiliewhathesaid

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Thank you for not going with some blue or purple crap for an HID color, makes baby Jesus cry.

Don't listen the the whiners, just do me a favor and look into an HID projector retrofit makes the light work better than the OE housings ever will.

The guy that installed the HID kit does phenomenal projector retrofits, but I'm not sure if I want to bit the bullet yet, depends on how long I'll keep the truck. The color is just right, and at 6000k it gives the optimal output.

191684_587596711257048_83563557_o.jpg

"Blinded by the Light"

looks great Austin, and your wet sanding pic's are amazing:) I went and bought a electric polish/buffer to see what "damage" I can do to the faded orange.

Thanks Roy! Is the buffer an orbital or rotary? I'd take a stab at trying a polish first, then work to a compound if the polish doesn't do much for you.

are your housings HID specific now???

if not.. i still will break check the crap out of ya.. In the Kia.. not the Flareside..

I've yet to have anybody flash their lights at me... and I've put 400 miles on the truck since getting the lights done. (Mostly night driving, too).

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month

Careful, your faded paint may be single stage or you could burn through.

Thanks Eric :wavey:
I was more in the apply a coat of wax with the electric polisher than wet sanding. When I wash it by hand, orange oxidation comes off on the sponge and looks better already, so the wax must make the "shine" (and that's a very loose statement, lol) stand out.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Try a one step polish/wax combo. That should give you good results... I did a Chevy in the single stage paint thread found in the detailing sub-forum. Check that out to see what kind of results you can achieve.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Here Austin, this company gets pretty good reviews and has everything you need for a projector conversion.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/store.php

Thanks Eric :wavey:
I was more in the apply a coat of wax with the electric polisher than wet sanding. When I wash it by hand, orange oxidation comes off on the sponge and looks better already, so the wax must make the "shine" (and that's a very loose statement, lol) stand out.

Can burn through with polishing too. Constant, even, movement is key ;)

Did similar upgrades to my truck. Also upgraded my interior with a leather seat cover kit with seat heaters, seat coolers, and lumbar support .Final touch was as set of floor liners with a carbon fiber look!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Intake (everything needs a good cleaning... I need to find a recharge kit for the filter)

IMAG0009.jpg

from the looks of those "fins" on the filter i would say to replace it.. wouldnt bother with recharging it.. if they were straighter id say to clean and recharge.. but for them to get warped like that its been mishandled and most likely damaged letting more contaminates through..

surprised its missing the airbox/heat shield thats supposed to be around it for support as well.. the airbox/heat shields there not only to keep the engine heat out and away from the filter but also to help support the end of the intake piping... Yeah theres a bracket behind the maf.. but air box supported the weight of the filter...

also the connector for the MAS sensors supposed to have the plug pointing down not towards the nose...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
About 8 or 9, roughly :D

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts