Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Asking for Advice, Tips, and Good jokes

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What do you guys think of Ultima Starters from Checkers/Kragen/Schucks/O'Reilly?

I use them...they last a few years, but they have a life time warranty...so you never have to buy another. I can't seem to keep starters on any of my rigs...so I stopped buying Motorcraft. So if you didn't mind replacing a starter every 3 years...they're great.

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Well, Got good news everyone, I finally got my orders. I will be in Jacksonville somewhere between Thanksgiving and December 15th. So hoping to meet up with some of you guys once I get out there.

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Here's a Question, replaced the starter in my truck yesterday. Got it all bolted up and plugged in, and it did the high whine grind when I started it. I know I need to shim it, but I don't remember how. course with this being the 3rd starter on the 2nd truck, you would figure that I would have it firgured out. So what ya got for me?

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Ok, bought a shim, put it in, got the starter seated right, and it's still grinding like all hell. I've got everything sitting flush and tightened down, plugged in right. She'll start, but she's grinding like hell. Ok, just thought of something. I told the parts store that my truck was a 5.8L, and found out last night she is actually a 7.5L. Would that make a difference on which starter I need? I would appreciate any and all help in a big hurry, I'm shipping my truck to San Diego this week. Thanks Guys

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Alright Guys, got a another one for you. Got two spark plugs on the passenger side that I get to go back in, been screwing with on for about a week. Just can't seem to get them lined up right so the threads grab hold. Any ideas?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts