Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anyone with a 351M?

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Foound this NOS unopened gasket set behind the seat of the '78 truck I am parting out. Make me an offer and I'll mail it to you. It is LWR ENG. GASKET SET D6PZ-6E078-E. Bill what can you tell me bout that number? Truck has a 351M in it thus this set must be for that engine. I have no idea which gaskets it has in the set.

Tyl

Correct:

It is an 11 pc Gasket set for the lower engine

7 gaskets and 4 seals

tylstruck

They don't appear dried out.

I would think behind the seat is the best place to put store it? Away from the sun and light.

Tyl

Just the extreme heat and cold would take its toll on them back there, not to mention other things rolling around. The best place for them would be on a shelf in someones garage or shop. Only you can be the judge of their condition, so I would say they maybe worth 1/3 the price of a new gasket set. What motor does you're truck have?

Last edited:

tylstruck

That truck had a 351M. The gaskets looked pretty good. I won't be using the engine or touching it. The carb is gone, and would be availlable to sell it as a whole or parts.

As of this morning, I folded the set and it is in the garbage.

Tyl

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Dammit man, I was just going to offer you 3 banana peels and 3 box tops of the Sugar Smack box

Dan,just come up here and buy my 460/C6

D

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
I'd consider it if I thought I could afford the gas, both to get there, and for the truck the engine would be going in.
That, and I like the M-series engines.
They've never let me down, or left me stranded.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts