Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Another Saginaw swap

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well My friend (Yes I have some ) Was tired of the whine on his 95 F150 . I told him to keep a watch for the EVan with a 300 6 to do the Saginaw swap. He got a pump, bracket and line for $45 from a 94 econo. And with a new belt For same van . He put unit on his truck in under 2 hours.

They bolt right up and love 44" tires >>>>>smiliegitrdone

Michigan
Nice dude, imma start looking for one for my truck!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I'm told a 351 and a 302 Both will work . The bracket bolts in . U will need another steering hose. 87- 95ish Econo line Got right style pulley .

There I a Conversion Saginaw pump available . NAPA has it but if yours is like mine u'll need part number as they have no clue. Used is cheaper.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Dude thats really cool. I've been wondering about that mod. I'd think about doing it but I really don't know how to recognize the right pump :(

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I can appreciate why you'd want to be rid of the whine, but does it do any harm, or is it just annoying?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The replacement pump conversion is Part number 20-6244. Is made (SP ) by Al CARDON . But NApa and several others can get it . $65 and up new. Pull your pully install pump uses old lines I think.

Michigan
So with that part number we can just bolt that pump right to our trucks and call it a day? No need for longer belts, bigger hoses?

Michigan
I called napa and they said its been re numbered. The part number is 20-6255, and it runs $104.00

I asked him what it was and he said it was a powersteering pump, then i asked if anything else came with it and he said it was a press on shaft, Im guessing for the pulley, and it comes with some pipe fittings, and im guessing those are to take a bigger end to the smaller ends our trucks have. But $104 aint bad, also since ive been wanting to get my steering tighter with a new pump for the whine, and a steering box for the sloppyness, i already have a whole new steering link system.

.....my guess = 1 on the left is the FORD pump ? ? ?.....

.........just want to make sure, as well as help out >>> for showing, (but correct me if i am wrong), i take it from this pic that the one on the left is the "FORD" pump / and the one on the right is the "Saginaw" version........

pspumps.jpg
( double click picture to enlarge...)

mr. Charles

Last edited:
........ like i said, " correct me if i am wrong" for my info; thanx, eco, for that helpful sight & information as well for clarification . . . . YelloThumbUp :beer: . . . . . so far, i am NOT having any kind of issue with my stock pump running with my lift kit
and the 33's as per showing in my sig & of pic of truck in my Gallery. . . . . but IF i do, at least i know for that correct info now

of this GREAT "mod" IF/When needed . . . . . . [ i can depend & learn from you all here, thx, again.....]

mr. Charles:p

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles