Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

another dent added to the fleet

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
Bought a 75? 76? or 77 shortbed 2wd 1/2 ton today, bare bones model manual steering, non-a/c, manual brakes...UGH!!! 240 straight 6.. 4 speed on the floor..fun fun fun!!!!..:( going to be a daily driver for my 14 yo when he is old enough to get his license..figure the 6 cyl will keep him out of alot of trouble, it has a set of 8" wide 5 lug steel rims on the back...and the roof has been chopped..looks like it could be cool if finished, it has been in a garage for the last 20+ yrs. Plan to sell the older style grille and swap in a 78/79 to match the rest of my fleet, swap a 'normal' height cab w/ a/c, got to find a bed....Wonder how it will do for mpg's??? being a 6 cyl w/ a 1 bbl carb??? Also going to try to find a power steering and power disc set up....pics to follow

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What a great Dad and what a great first vehicle!

lostinfords

YEAH!! ain't I great..:).... it is actually what 'he' considers his 4th vehicle, #1 being a 69 GTO convertible,#2 a 78 bronco...#3 a 78 f150 4wd s/c that is getting a front d60 and either a d60 or d70 rear diff...most likely he is going to get the swb 2wd...he just does not believe it yet..oh to be young and dreamy again...oh wait that is me w/ senility as my excuse, of course my wife does not know yet...of the seniliity or the swb p/u

aren't you building the p/u for your kid(s)..??..:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
This means you should practically be a shoe in for dad of the year, right???

lostinfords

got some pics...try not to laugh, the cab is getting swapped out

e5jn8h.jpg

found these brackets in the cab...are they for the custom rear bumper?

1zdpvdt.jpg

found this stuff sorting through things..Duncan would like these..:)

new oem door hinge

21mw3zb.jpg

new oem tail light assembly

mlo4j.jpg

some new oem cab trim

2na5t1g.jpg

can't figure out what these are too??? bumper brackets?? front high boys?

sou9aq.jpg

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I want the cab.

lostinfords

'I" can tell you this.......'I' won't be using it, contact me if you are serious, because otherwise a sawzall and a torch are going to simplify things when it comes time to swap it out

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
'I" can tell you this.......'I' won't be using it, contact me if you are serious, because otherwise a sawzall and a torch are going to simplify things when it comes time to swap it out
If I was remotely close, I would drive over there today and take it off your hands. Sadly, that is not the case.

lostinfords

car transports are available..:)..I just listed it on c/l and 2 ford forums, hopefully it sells as a complete set up, instead of parting it out..if you were 'remotely closer' I could meet you w/ it..:)

lostinfords

sold the f100 to an ambitious 16 yr old who already has an old 60's p/u he is restoring and a 90's bronco he is lifting and putting d60's under it, I am sure he will get it done sooner than I could have..:)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts