Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

American Taxpayer's Loss on GM Stock Investment

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
GM wanted to do a stock buy back to get the government out of such a prominent spot in it's Board of Directors. The gov't said no, we're not selling because it's too big of a loss. LOL

Ryan

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ok, Duncan....don't sugar coat your thoughts on this....

Really hate this company and what the guberment has been doing to infiltrate it in their own practices.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
GM sucks and will keep screwing us in every bodily orfice until the end of time....the only good thing about any of this us the more I read of said screwing just makes me more adamant to find out every place that scum company has it's mitts in and make sure my $$ do not go there.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
GM sucks and will keep screwing us in every bodily orfice until the end of time....the only good thing about any of this us the more I read of said screwing just makes me more adamant to find out every place that scum company has it's mitts in and make sure my $$ do not go there.

That's the Duncan to GM we know!

Hey Duncan, I know you've posted once or twice before, but I think I'd like to do the same and when you do come across those companies, let us know. Thanks, smilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ally for one...I will respond more later.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
This is is a list of 35 GM subsidiaries as of Dec., 2009

AACDelco
Atlantic Aircraft
CClyde Engineering
GM Components Holdings
DDayton-Wright Company
Delco Electronics
EElectronic Data Systems
FFisher Body
Fleetwood Metal Body
GGeneral Motors Diesel
General Motors Diesel Division
General Motors do Brasil
G cont.General Motors Europe
General Motors Research Laboratories
General Motors South America
Ghandhara Industries
GM Defense
GM Goodwrench
GM Korea
GM Performance Division
GMAC Real Estate
HHolden
HRL Laboratories
Hughes Aircraft
KKinetic Chemicals
NNorth American Aviation
Nuvell Financial Services
OOnStar
Opel
PPratt & Miller
RRemy International
SSamson Tractor
GM Service and Parts Operations
Shanghai GM
TTerex

Had they already divested themselves of Delphi? I don't see it on the list.....Which leads me to this.....

Sen. Sherrod Brown pushes to top up Delphi pensions with taxpayer money

Ohio Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown will introduce new legislation on Thursday, his spokeswoman told The Daily Caller, that would use taxpayer money to top up the pension plans of the 20,000 non-union Delphi salaried retirees that President Barack Obama’s administration terminated during the 2009 auto bailout.

According to a “discussion draft” of the legislation, Brown’s measure would also give full control of the pension plans to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner.

The draft legislation, obtained by The Daily Caller, shows that Brown would use taxpayer money — and more Obama administration control — to fix the problem that was created by the Obama administration’s control and decisions during the government auto bailout. The draft shows that Brown would angle to obtain the funding necessary by selling taxpayer shares of General Motors stock at a loss.

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Wow....only recognize a few of those...I'd imagine a lot of those parts just go into things we buy and we just don't know it. Thanks for posting Doug.

Bailout on the Brink

Judge Set to Rule on Case that Could Reverse Auto Bailout
A New York federal judge may rule imminently on a case that could reverse the General Motors (GM) bailout and send the company back into bankruptcy, according to sources close to the case.

At issue is a backroom deal hatched by GM to fulfill the Obama administration’s demand for a quick bankruptcy, draining the automaker of nearly all of its cash on hand and leaving it in worse shape than it was when it collapsed in 2009.

Hi Duncan... :wavey:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
And I get publicly mocked for having a hate on for those scumbags :D

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The bailout was like putting up a couple sand bags to stop the Colorado River!

Never addressed their real problems, thus the inevitable .....idiots!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The bailout was like putting up a couple sand bags to stop the Colorado River!

Never addressed their real problems, thus the inevitable .....idiots!

That's won't matter...it's the next Amtrak....people that invested in that company should be treated as a Madoff.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts