Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

alternaor delima

so i'm pretty sure that my alternaor took a dump since it's putting less than 12 volts out to the battery. so i was wondering if i should just stay with the original external regulator setup or go to a one wire system.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
It depends on your needs. If stock worked well, stay with that.

If you plan for electric fans, killer sound system, and power everything, it's time to upgrade

been pondering on it all day and i think i will stay with the stock one for now as the truck is still all original and doesn't have any need for a more modern charging system. maybe one day down the road when i decide to do some more modern upgrades on the truck. plus original style is alot more cheaper. thanks for your input guys.

Last edited:
well i replaced the the alternator and the regulator since it was the original one to the truck. i ended up getting a 65 amp alternator and voltage regulator from o'rilley autoparts with liftime warrenty for only $68 for the pair. the alternator was their ultima brand and regulator was the BWD select. the charging system is now @ 13.8v with the head lights on highbeam @ idle.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts