Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ABS Light (?)

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Ok folks here's what's going on.

Pulled my trailer up to Wyoming (Jumped jobs.........AGAIN.......but thats another long story). Anyway, after I get my trailer up here and get it parked, I take the missus up in the country to show her the sights. I'm running with cruise control on, then all of a sudden, the revs take off on the engine, and the vehicle slows down, and I get an ABS warning light. Pull over, shut the truck down, restart the truck, still get an ABS light. As I'm in the middle of nowhere, I have to drive the truck about 75 miles back to town. Well it stays on the next day.........But today, it's not lit. The last time this happened I had to have a sensor replaced in the rear end, but I don't think that's it.

Any ideas out there?

Gunner

blacksnapon

Staff member
Ok folks here's what's going on.

Pulled my trailer up to Wyoming (Jumped jobs.........AGAIN.......but thats another long story). Anyway, after I get my trailer up here and get it parked, I take the missus up in the country to show her the sights. I'm running with cruise control on, then all of a sudden, the revs take off on the engine, and the vehicle slows down, and I get an ABS warning light. Pull over, shut the truck down, restart the truck, still get an ABS light. As I'm in the middle of nowhere, I have to drive the truck about 75 miles back to town. Well it stays on the next day.........But today, it's not lit. The last time this happened I had to have a sensor replaced in the rear end, but I don't think that's it.

Any ideas out there?

Gunner
Was your speedometer doing weird things?

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Yeah speedo and tach both started going up, then settled back to where they should have been. Thats when I pulled over and restarted the truck.

Gunner

blacksnapon

Staff member
Yeah speedo and tach both started going up, then settled back to where they should have been. Thats when I pulled over and restarted the truck.

Gunner
Check the grounds at the left kick panel, and just for a hoot, look at the connector on the rear speed sensor.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Thanks man will look tonight when I get back from the shop. Will give a total update on my situation when I get back from the office.

Gunner

Ford Truck Articles