Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A nice sound to hear

Michigan
Well i worked from 8 this morn to 9 tonight. I got most of it done and fired her up for the first time.

I fired it up, double and tripple checking every bolt i installed, checked and double checked all the wires, plugs and everything. Fired her up and here are the results....

SO many knocks i dont know where to start. HAHA Jk knock on wood.

Well she fired right up, musta set the dist in correct :) But something funny happened. I started it up, and usually with my old motor the oil presure guage wouldnt read anything for the first couple seconds, so i waited. Waited about 10 seconds and no oil presure, so i shut her down. Checked the oil, checked for leaks, got brave and started it up again and the needle moved to the N on normal..

So im like well its making oil pressure, so i let it idle for about 20 seconds and it began to climb a bit. So i shut it off again and checked for leaks, checked the oil, everything seamed great. So i topped off the coolant, and started it back up.

Oil pressure guage was acting funny (its brand new) New oil pump, and im not sure if they used that oil pump that they supplied me when they ran the motor for 10 minutes.

Well the guage was dancing around and im like wtf, i would slowly bring it up to 1500 rpms and it would drop, so i thought DANG! Well i let it idle and it slowly went to between the M and A on NORMAL. Well it was still dancing so i let it idle more, then it stopped dancing but when i would bring the idle up it would go down a little. I let it idle more and it finally stayed there, no more dancing. Thinking maby the sending unit need to break in, and some oil to the oil pump.

So i let it run for bout a minute, shut it down and checked again for any leaks, checked all fluids, added some trans fluid, and let it idle some more.

Well im letting her sit over night, gonna get a timing light and time it, check everything out again and maby slowly pull it out of the garage.

Idle is rough, Expected it to be without the timing light and the distributer loose.

My pugging and crap like of the thermactor system seams to be doing good, no high idle because of vac leaks or anything like that.

Well i said enough for tonight lol. One last thing. Can anyone be kind enough to get a picture for me of the dust shields on a E4OD trans? I put mine on the way i thought they came off but i seam to be rubbing somewhere.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Congratulations, Mike! :D

Job well done. You should invest in a mechanical oil psi gauge.. I think you'll find the results much more pleasing, not to mention accurate.

Once again, awesome dude!!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Glad to hear it's going again. I'll second the mechanical oil pressure gage. It's the only way to really know.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I wont use a mechanical myself (history )but they do the best job . At least get a aftermarket gauge

Michigan
acually i was plannin on getting rid of my single pod set up and going to dual with a oil presure guage.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
There really is only 1 way to put that shield on the bottom of the trans, id also change that trans fluid if you didnt already. Ill try to snap a pic of mine today.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Which shield are you talking about? The only one I can think of is the heat shield next to the harness on the passenger side of the trans...

Or maybe you're talking about the rubber inspection hole plug?

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
This might be the one hes talkin about. Here is my pic.
IMG_1882.jpg

Michigan
Yea i figured it out today. I had it right the first time, and when i went to shut the truck off i could hear the TC bolts scraping. So im thinking i must of ran it over with the creaper or stepped on it. Its all good now.

Just getting ready to get me a timing light, and i mounted the off road lights i got and wiring those up. Hope to drive it to work tomorrow!

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Lol good to hear you got it all worked out. Nothing wrong with a mallcrawler, since I hydrolocked mine it hasnt seen any off roading. And Ive downgraded from the 36's to some AT's of smaller size.

Michigan
Haha no pavement princess here... I cant wait to hit up the dunes and some ORV trails again. Snapped some pics. Got the new lights installed and wired up today also!

DOH! eating ice cream cakes, hold on after this il post em

Michigan
Well here is what i have so far.

New look to the front end.

Picture479.jpg

Picture475.jpg

Picture480.jpg

Motor Pics

100_5071.jpg

Picture477.jpg

Picture478.jpg

Skandocious