Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A little bit of good news

On Thursday I got a letter from the gov't and after sitting there looking at it for an hour,taking 3 ativan,I finally got the courage to open it, only to find out my application for AISH

http://www.seniors.gov.ab.ca/aish/

(which is a gov't program for disabled people) was approved.I last applied in 1991 was denied.

So, next week I will start to be able to afford to buy fresh healthy food and have a little extra money for a movie now and then.

Last edited:
Well I have been on that since 1993 it is a Federal program, this is a provincial programs that helps with health care and some financial aid.

It is worth about $450.00/month minimum to me.

Plus they have a group that can help with workers compensation because all of my problem were work related ..caused.

This is the program I have needed since 1988 but was always denied.

SC
People who really need assistance never get it(or get it far later than they should have) and people who dont need it seem to walk right in and reap the benefits.

Im glad it finally worked out for you Dennis

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Congrats Dennis

People who really need assistance never get it(or get it far later than they should have) and people who dont need it seem to walk right in and reap the benefits.

smilieIagree

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
That is good nws- wonderful!

Thanks everyone.

It has relieved some pressure but there are still many issues with my health that have to be resolved.

F One Fifty

Sometimes here. Really.
I finally got my disabilty also, Dennis. I wish ya well and hope things get better for ya, soon. Nobody said life was gonna be easy and a lot of us "po folk" are living proof that getting old IS all it's cracked up to be. LOL.

Great news Dick, I was going to send you a personal e-mail about it but US Open (Golf) was too interesting

I need a $1000.00 real sooooooooon.

So I wonder what BKW thinks of this ?

Ford Truck Articles