Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A few notes, for whomever....

Greywolf

Almost four years ago, I retired from the USN only to find that the ol' Lady had trashed every single credit card I had, stripped the equity from my house in a refi - and jacked up the mort pays to double what people around me were paying for twice as much house.

Three years ago, I lost my ass working for Direct TV as an installer.

A year and a half ago, I started a new career in RV's as a tech.

Five months ago, I was out of work because my Ranger crapped its tranny.

Several months ago, the IRS sent me transcripts so that I could do my back taxes, which the estranged wife ran off with the files for.

About a month ago, tax refunds came in, and the day before thanksgiving I finished putting my truck back on the street.

A little over a month ago, the water heater in my house gave out, and just before thanksgiving I sweated the joints and made the electrical connections for the new H2O heater myself (I don't shell out three hundred bucks to someone else to do what I am more than qualified to do).

Day after tomorrow I start a new job, at a dealership closer than the last one I worked at, with a safer lot, nicer people, and no out of state taxes to cough up.

I also have a new toolbox...

I am an RV TECH now, and it appears I will continue to be one. But a TECH with twenty years of electrical, electronic, and God knows what all experience behind me!!!

Some folks have been kind of concerned about me I know. Some of you have never read my scribbles before and don't know me from Adam.

For my old friends from here, there, and everywhere - IT'S ON!

And I still say: NEVER QUIT

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Dang! And I thought I'd had some problems.

We're all here for you. No, I don't know you well, but we're both FTF'ers and that alone makes you my family. If there's anything I, or any of us can do, say the word!

Sounds like you are staying positive. I have been through my share of stuff too. You have to keep going. No other way to do it.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Glad to hear your getting back where you should be.

In the future, instead of marriage, just find a woman that hates you and buy her a house. :)

Fellro

Staff member
Good that you have kept your chin up Wolf, when everything else is lost, you still have your pride. All that experience will still come into play as an RV tech. And you have passion still, it is obvious in the way you are handing out advice and such on the RV's, that's good too.

Greywolf

That, or just consider renting. The woman, that is.

It might have been cheaper at that. I have an odd fantasy of leading my estranged wife around the house saying such things as:

"No parties, no strangers, no peeing on my credit, THIS IS NOT YOUR ROOM."

blacksnapon

Staff member
Sounds like you have a handle on it though, wolfie! We've all been down that road, see light at the end of the tunnel, then the tunnel collapses. Just keep digging!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts