Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A/C Help Needed

Hey everyone,

Well i finally installed air conditioning in my truck after waiting all winter. everything is working fine except i cannot turn on the compressor from the switch in the cab. We had to hot wire the compressor to get the rest of the charge of r134a in it and it was blowing cold air. I put the plug into the compressor but the clutch just won't engage when i switch the A/C on. What could i be missing electrically? my truck didnt originally have A/C so maybe there's a fuse missing somewhere? my haynes wiring diagram references an A/C clutch diode. where is this? to i need to go back to the junkyard and grab this part? please help. what wiring is needed between the compressor and the control head in my truck? thanks in advance.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Do you have the pressure switch on the drier hooked up? If so, it may be bad. Try jumping it.

hey i do have the pressure switch and i have jumped it with no success. i dont have the wire that connects to the ECU. there is a plug that goes into the compressor that was already on my truck even though it didnt come from the factory with A/C. if i follow that plug back a few inches there is a round plug that doesnt connect to anything. i think i need to get that connection to the ECU through the A/C clutch diode? can anyone check out that wire that goes to the compressor and see where that other round plug goes? i'm thinking that i'm missing these parts.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts