Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

95 e4od pushing fluid then not ?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Parked my truck back during last snow due to it push fluid running out of bell housing area . Had pulled into drive and backed up to turn around and saw a path of red was running out . Parked it beside garage and it sat there .

Finally got time off to do things put battery in started right up froze smog pump killed belt . New 810k6 belt to bypass. Start up moved no leak drove 20 minutes no leak out on highway to 65 mpH for several miles no leak .

Any ideas ? I just don't trust it.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Might have gotten hot and boiled out?

Sent from my mudwhistle via Lemmiwinks.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I hope thats all . We'll see . I do know I wont be plowing with it this year .

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
My exwife drove my flareside over a huge pass and let it gear search to the point of boiling out the trans fluid. Hosed the 4th gear band. Never forgave her for that one. But after i put a gallon of atf back in it, it started working again 1-3. So i know it can happen. Good luck

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Drove over 500 miles in 3 days no issues other than a hard shift once in while and that was happening before

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well before trying to figure out why it was pushing fluid I'd try and find where it was coming from. There's only a few spots where fluid could push out in quantities like that and it should be fairly obvious to see where it came from. If it was a nice straight bead I'd probably rule out the pan gasket. After that I'd check the temp-probe nut on the driver-side. Then I'd check all the cooler lines (both at the trans and at the cooler). Those seem like the only logical places for it to leak from.

Also could be the transfer case, assuming you're running ATF in there too.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
It blows out the dip stick almost 90% of the time when it boils out.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well before trying to figure out why it was pushing fluid I'd try and find where it was coming from. There's only a few spots where fluid could push out in quantities like that and it should be fairly obvious to see where it came from. If it was a nice straight bead I'd probably rule out the pan gasket. After that I'd check the temp-probe nut on the driver-side. Then I'd check all the cooler lines (both at the trans and at the cooler). Those seem like the only logical places for it to leak from.

Also could be the transfer case, assuming you're running ATF in there too.

Looked to be right out bell housing (could have been fill tube and ran down ) But I parked it as I had to get father to doctor asap that day . No leaks tho .

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
1500 miles no leaks . If it boiled with the big cooler and only 3 " snow well then the truck is gone. We'll see .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts