Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

94 f 350 4x4 front disc brake rotor shields

anyone out there got a good set?

or know where i can get a set?

dealer says discontinued

also a sun visor for an xlt with lighted mirror maroon/red

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I just cut them shields off mine, not needed lol. The Visor, ebay or a junk yard?

optikalillushun

Coal Cracker
Those dust shields arent really nesseccary, none of my trucks have them nor do my friends. and if u are into any type of wheelin all they do is collect debris. besides, when they rot away they like to make noise and cut ya like a razor.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Those dust shields arent really nesseccary, none of my trucks have them nor do my friends. and if u are into any type of wheelin all they do is collect debris. besides, when they rot away they like to make noise and cut ya like a razor.

Agreed, my rigs usually only have them until the first brake job.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I tried to replace one of those shields on my '97 Ranger after it rotted off. Being a 2wd, it doesn't really get into the muck, so I thought they'd be good for keeping rain/salt spray off my brakes.

Ford has 'em for $110, cheapest I found 'em online was $90, and everything used was as bad as what I was trying to replace...so I've been running without for a couple years now. No issues. (Other side just started scraping on the rotor recently...next time I've got the front end apart, it'll come off, too.)

*Interestingly, CarQuest and Napa told me they can get reasonably priced aftermarket replacements for Chevy pickups, but not the Fords...but neither knew why that was.

thanks, mine sound like jingle bells now and are razor thin or worse in the bolt pattern
checked ebay for visor but no exact match
ford called and had shields NOS from a Salvage co. for $90 each

place in jersey emailed they had visor for $75 too
the asked me what a dealer wanted before quoting price too
what a vulture

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts