Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

94 CVPI No Start

When you turn the key it just clicks, cleaned battery cables and starter cables; Apparently this happened once b4, but dad was able to tighten the posts and it started right up..

Car has started and ran all weekend, than parks at the house for a couple of hrs and now it wont start; Leaning towards the starter being bad but dont want to drop a 120 bucks to repeat the no start...

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Could be a bad battery cable...corrosion hidden under the insulation.

I just replaced the starter on our Expedition. Enclosed with the starter was this tid bit of info that might be of help...

If you have the spade type switch terminal connection, ya might want to check it out.
scan0003.jpg

Thanks Brad, but I believe its a ring type on there.. (dads under there not me) Also How do you get the top bolt out???

Clean all the connections if that doesn't help pull the starter and go get it tested. Put a trickle charger on the battery too, could be low voltage.

Read tha posts jackazz, trying to pull the starter.......

:flipoff:

Aaron,

First, Doc can't help you, his starter is on with velcro...smiliestirthepot

Second, to get the top bolt out you need a somewhat precise extension and socket combined length. In other words, it has to be long enough to clear the starter, but not so long as to hit the exhaust...... and you do it by feel (and cussing).

Yeah, well..

i'mgoin back to nwu :flipoff2:

Lol..

Aaron,

First, Doc can't help you, his starter is on with velcro...smiliestirthepot

Second, to get the top bolt out you need a somewhat precise extension and socket combined length. In other words, it has to be long enough to clear the starter, but not so long as to hit the exhaust...... and you do it by feel (and cussing).

Alright tks Brad, we'll be back at it in the morning...

Update..

Top bolt was trying to round off last night so dad decided to take it in to the shop..

525.xx out the door after diagnostic fee and parts and labor and wrecker....

Wrecker fee 85.00, I was quoted 75 from dispatch..

Diagnostic fee 89.xx

Some other fee 49.00 (labor??)

Parts 230.00 I was quoted 130 w/ ex from parts house.. (they get theirs from their supplier would not tell me who)

Misc shop supply's 9.xx

Environmental 9.xx

And yes I was Fawking Hot... I called BS on some of the charges...........

They told dad that they didn't like my attitude....

In the past I have spent about 2 grand there.. I will not be back....

Ford Truck Articles