Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

92 f150 chugging

92 f150 2wd 5.8l no mods exhaust suck, while driving and put it in passing gear or climbing up a little hill it tends to chug, the egr went bad on me so I unplugged it, it ran fine after that,

I replaced the fuel filter the plugs and wires cap and rotor are not even a year old, I do have a bad exhaust leak right by fire wall, I was thinking that I blew a manifold gasket and toasted a plug any thoughts on this??????:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

It's a possibility....though you'd hear a loud ticking almost like a lifter tap...Pull codes. www.fordfuelinjection.com

I do here a loud ticking, I have pulled codes with a scanner and also KOEO KOER and the only thing that comes back is the EGR plug and unplugged and that is it...

I just got a set of hooker super comp long tube headers yesterday and I am going to put those on no cats with cherry bomb mufflers 2.5in exhaust and hope this fixes the prob. and possibly change plugs agian we will see '

just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing anything

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is it blowing any black while it's chugging? Could be a plugged up cat.

I do have a bad exhaust leak right by fire wall,
The smog pipe or the check valve is broken/rusted, remove it and plug the holes in the heads with 5/8" coarse thread bolts.

4364917317_5ba1f8efae_z.jpg

Ok so I was going through everything and checking vacuum lines and all the other fun stuff again, I found the vac line for the heater control was broken, I am not sure if that would have caused a chugging but after driving it around it did not chug not once,,

Soon as I get some time off of work I will be getting my headers put on and getting the exhaust done and it should be running great, man I can not wait to see how much more towing power and torque i will get smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts